I came across this budget friendly hotel in Paris, one of the most expensive place in Europe. I stayed here for two nights and here are the pros and cons of the hotel:
1. Centrally located near Le Peletier metro station, about 10 min walk to Opera and shopping area on Rue Lafayette. Metro is literally 3 min walk from the hotel.
2. Budget friendly, this place is inexpensive, just book it from hotel's web site for deals.
3. Many places to eat and drink around, food choices from all over the world.
4. Room is very clean and spacious bathroom in European standards.'
5. Thomas at the front desk is very helpful for sightseeing tips and directions
6. Small hotel but charming with the unique decoration, simple and humble accommodation.
7. Hotel surrounding area is average, Banks with ATM near by.
8. Free wi-fi for all of your devices, excellent reception even on third floor.
1. The room is very small (and that is expected) and the twin bed is even smaller, probably the smallest one that I have even encountered traveling all over the world. So, if you can avoid getting the twin room.
2. The walls are super thin, so you hear everything, I mean everything and something are not meant to be heard in the middle of the night.
3. Skip the hotel breakfast, you can do much better for almost 9 Euro somewhere else.
4. Not sure why there is no shower curtain in the shower area (tiled shower), but the water is all over the floor and toilet seat.
5. There is no air con in the hotel, only fan and a small openable window.
If you are staying for a few nights (like myself), its adequate and inexpensive and friendly service. Its centrally located near a lot of different sight seeing spots and access to Roissy Bus at Opera to CDG airport. I would stay here again next time in Paris as it is a bargain for the budget traveler like myself.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel Monte Carlo in Paris benefits a central location in the 9th area of Paris between The Opera Garnier, Montmartre and Grands Boulevards. The most famous monuments and museums like The Eiffel Tower, Museum of Louvre, Notre Dame de Paris or L'Arc de Triumph are accessible easily by subway. Three subway stops "Le Peletier", "Grands Boulevards" and "Notre Dame de Lorette" are near the hotel and permit to visit all Paris. The nearest museums and monuments are Museum Grévin, L'Opera Garnier, Basilique Sacré-Coeur as well as grands magasins Galeries La Fayette et Printemps for shopping. The area of the hotel is a lively place with lots of antique stores as well as the auction house "Drouot", parisian cafes, restaurants, bars and the famous restaurant "Bouillon Chartier", supermakets and a small traditional market Cadet. The hotel interior was created by the designer Sofi Bollack-Klarwein. The hotel is a cosy place, done with love and taste where the owners welcome the guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Monte Carlo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Monte Carlo Paris
- Monte Carlo Hotel
- Hotel Monte Carlo Paris