“Great location. Excellent service”

Pavillon Villiers Etoile
Ranked #893 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“Great location. Excellent service”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We spent week of Thanksgiving in Paris. This hotel has great location, very helpful staff, and reasonably priced. I understand the old staff was replaced.We would come back.

• Stayed November 2011
VILLIERS P, Front Office Manager at Pavillon Villiers Etoile, responded to this review, 29 March 2016
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comment. We are all sincerely very grateful.
We remain at your service and disposal for your next travel in Paris.
Best regards,
P/O Front Office Manager
Hotel Pavillon Villiers Etoile***

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
nottingham
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed in a twin room with my daughter for 3 nights. First impressions were good with reception helpful but lift was out of order and we were on 5th floor so had to use the tiny winding staircase. Staff carried our 2 20 kg cases up! Room was clean but covers and carpet were frayed and faded. Bathroom was a little dusty. Breakfast was fresh and reasonable selection. Wifi available most of the time. Overall good value budget hotel in a great location with street Market nearby

• Stayed January 2012
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I booked into this hotel as friends had also booked in. We checked in and no mention was made of the fact that the lift was broken...on checking the internet, it turns out it's been broken for over 1 year. We had to drag out luggage up 3 floors. No offer of assistance was forthcoming.

My room was tiny....you had to turn side on to get into the bathroom - the space between the bed and bathroom door was maybe 10 inches.. You also had to sit side-on on the toilet, as there was maybe 3 inches between the seat and the heater. The room was claustrophobic.

Access to the free wifi was spasmodic, and mostly inaccessible. I spoke to the afternoon staff and they reset it, and access was possible for 1 hour before it crashed again. I spoke to the morning reception staff (Alicia) this morning, and she rudely told me that she had no idea if it was fixed and that couldn't (read: wouldn't) check if it was working. I asked her if I could use the communal computer, and when I did, I again couldn't access the internet. When I raised it with the receptionist, she rudely told me that she couldn't help me (again read: wouldn't). I asked her if it was possible that I needed to turn something else on, on the computer in order to access the net, and she turned and walked away from me. I was furious. I reminded her that I was a house guest, that was paying for the "pleasure" of staying in the hotel, and in fact paying her wages....her reply "What?" and I repeated myself and said that being abusive was unacceptable,.....and she just walked away.

I left the hotel, found another one, and when I came back, she was yelling at another house guest, who responded in kind. She's the wrong person for a hospitality job....

The hotel is basically an overpriced dump.....there are far better places just around the corner....with polite staff, breakfast, working wifi, and lifts.....use them...(Hotel Jardin de Villiers)

Room Tip: I don't believe there are good rooms in this hotel
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Robbie2604

Travellers are raving about these Paris hotels

denver, Colorado, USA
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I’m gonna start with the positives:

1. Cheap
2. Great location! Really close to the subway station and in a lovely Parisian neighborhood with an awesome street market on the weekends and great little stores open during the week.

Now, it’s dirty and run down. I chose this hotel because it was cheap, reviews were ok and I figured for the first trip to Paris, we’re not going to be in the hotel room anyway.
But I wasn’t prepared to put up with mold all over the bathroom. The bathroom heater wasn’t working, the heater in the room was barely working, how could it work, it looked like it’s been abused. It was dirty and rusty. The bed uncomfortable and the top blanket clearly not washed ever. My pillow was more like a bag of clumpy rice, than a pillow.
After two days in the first room given to us, I asked the front desk to fix the heater in the bathroom.
They gave us another room, which was nice. So room number two had a terrible dirty carpet, it’s not been washed ever, let alone vacuumed. The bathroom there was better, but the situation with the pillows and the blanket on the bed the same. They didn’t change the sheets every day and one day ran out of towels to give us. Yep, no clean towels.
In both rooms, the walls and pretty much everything was visibly dirty. I didn’t look for it, promise, it was just in my face.
I am not a clean freak, but I asked my husband to walk around with socks on trying not to pick up some gross disease.
People clearly stay there, clearly put up with it. But maybe because they’ve pre-paid and have nowhere else to go.
Yuk!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank denvertraveler06
Split, Croatia
Reviewed 27 December 2011

Hi,

I stayed here with my boyfrend and we had a great time here. It is nice small hotel and great value for money. It is on great location, near metro station and cca 20 min from Montmartre for me best romantic place in Paris :) All staf speak english...The room was cleaned every day and new towels also provided everyday.
We really had pleasant stay in this hotel and we recommend it to all young couples :)

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
greece
Reviewed 11 October 2011

Stayed there for three weeks. The hotel was not my choice but was booked for me from my agency. The rooms are small but normal for Paris. The price is expensive for this kind of a place but again this is the norm in Paris, meaning that you can not get a better deal for this kind of money. The staff shows the typical Parisian controversial attitude, sometimes friendly, sometimes neutral and sometimes not caring at all. The room was cleaned every day and fresh towels also provided everyday. The walls are made literally out of paper, since i could hear my colleagues talking over the phone two storeys above (not to mention more intimate encounters..). The breakfast is ugly. A generous buffet full of ready-made junk food. During the three weeks i stayed here, there were days that the buffet emptied and there was not reserved food for the guests. WiFi is crappy and if you want real internet you have to pay...There is a small fridge so at least i was buying fresh fruits and real juices.
The good thing about this hotel is the location. Wagram is a typical Parisian neighborhood with not so many tourists and one of the places to get an original feel of Paris. Around the corner is a lovely market with all kind of things to buy and lots of cafes and restaurants to eat. Next good thing is the metro and bus which is located very close so moving around Paris is effortless. Montmartre is within walking distance- about twenty minutes max, so one can get the sights but not the crowds. I usually stay in the center of Paris but if i have to come again i will consider this neighborhood as an option and if i am close to desperate, maybe this hotel also.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank midest6
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 October 2011

A great value for the money! Helpful and curteous staff, a short walk to the metro, and all of Paris. I felt as I really lived in the neighborhood, even got to know staff at the local cafe.

• Stayed September 2011