All reviews marais district croissants st paul metro baguette boutique hotel rue des rosiers bath soaps rooms are small great location wine store top floor reliable wifi sink area claw foot small elevator narrow staircase room sizes
Reviewed March 22, 2018

When my boss told me that we had to go to my favourite city on earth for a business trip, I knew exactly which area I wanted to stay in. I booked this on the reviews and it did not dissappoint.

Lovely welcome on reception, cute boutique hotel with a little balcony where you can look over the roofs of Paris, the room was warm and toasty and the bathroom all round chintz. Breakfast was served downstairs in the tiny lobby area. Perfectly located around the corner from my favourite Marais restaurant (read my other review) and close to the Metro station.

What's not to like ?

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed October 3, 2017

Found the Hotel Emile on the internet and had a good experience. This is a small, boutique hotel in the center of the Marais on the corner of the Rue de Rivoli. Excellent location and the staff proved to be friendly and helpful. The room that had was very comfortable and quiet, and relatively spacious for a typical small French hotel (I prefer these hotels). It does have very small elevator for one person and one suitcase, but that is not an issue in this small hotel. We left early in the morning and we were greeted in the lobby with fresh coffee, juice and fresh baguettes and croissants. Price is right and it is in the middle of where you want to be, and just a short hop to the Seine.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank maxdanger
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

This is a boutique hotel, and to my knowledge no Star rating. Centrally located, one stop in Subway from Paris station, and a minutes walk to the Metro. Centrally located. Lots of shops and places to eat and drink near by.
Forget driving here, no parking.
Very small elevator, ok for luggage, so best you climb stairs.
Good simple continental breakfast which did the job.
Wifi worked, though I struggled with the tv operations.
Rooms are small and compact, but manageable. Staff were helpful and friendly
I would stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yavar K
Reviewed August 28, 2017

The room was spare and small but beautifully put together like all those gorgeous French women. Quiet and comfortable with everything you could want in a small perfectly designed hotel. The continental breakfast included with the room is a delightful start to your day in Paris. A great window side seat to eat some of their amazing French bread and croissants with orange juice and coffee and plan your explorations. Just up the street is the St Paul Metro stop or walk and explore. There is so much nearby within an easy hike with beauty around every corner. The entire staff at the hotel could not have been more welcoming or accommodating. There's a tiny elevator but I used the turret like stairs with an easy climb to burn off some of the amazing food you will eat in Paris. I was like a gourmet Godzilla devouring Paris in sensible shoes returning to my 5th floor single room to dream of yet more French pastries, architecture, and museums. The view from my room was the rooftops of a lovely side street. The well equipped windows deadened the continuing life of the streets of Paris. To a person, the Parisians could not have been kinder to this klutzy American with only polite French words and mime to express myself. They took pity on me and shifted to perfect English or helped me understand. If you haven't been to Paris you must go. What are you waiting for?

Room Tip: Leave your claustrophobia on the streets of Paris. But you will be at a bargain rate in lovely and romantic surroundings.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
4  Thank patrick24682016
Reviewed August 11, 2017

When I stayed here last year I knew I would be back, I loved it! The location is excellent, right in the heart of the Marais district and the design of the rooms/hotel in general is very nice.

This time around the room was a bit of a disappointment. I stayed in their suite on the top floor and in many ways it is a lovely room with a great view. It was very clean, the housekeeping staff definitely does a great job. The decor is great, the bed comfortable with nice linens and the claw footed tub is nice to sink into after a long day of walking around Paris.

Unfortunately they seem to be a bit sloppy when it comes to maintenance. There is peeling pant on the ceiling, some corners that have definitely taken a beating and needs fixing and curtains hanging haphazardly. On the little balconies there are broken, empty flower pots with cigarette bums in them.

These aren't big things that would take a lot of time/work/money to fix and I don't understand why they leave it in this state. Especially in the room they classify as their suite standards should be higher.

Room Tip: The top floor rooms have great views.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo