“Amazing location in Paris”

The Westin Paris - Vendome
Ranked #413 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
nyc
“Amazing location in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

The Westin Paris - Vendome is by far one of the most amazing locations you can ever want in Paris - close to sites and shopping - the hotel room was just perfect for our stay, all the concierge staff was amazing - they are able to maintain composure with so many people requesting attention - the food in their full restaurant was just fantastic- it could easily rival any of the top chefs restaurants that so many people flock to from all over the world - you really must give this hotel a try.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank amarie_00
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Dear amarie_00,

What a great review!!

Many thanks for your comments on our restaurant Le FIrst and his Chef Gilles Grasteau, as well as the service delivered by our Concierges!

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back next time travels brings you to the city of lights!

Happy Easter!
Abraham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (744)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

The rooms was good
The location is perfect
The staff were good
the conceirge were very helpful
lost of french cafes around the hotel
The only down point was the A/C , the engineer visit the room twice and 3 nights out of 4 I had to sleep with the open window and with the dry weather it made me dehydrated for the whole stay. I was very busy in the vacation and I didn’t want to make a scene and ruin the whole vacation and whine about it during my stay

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
abraham_foucherot, Assstant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 8 April 2012
Dear AHMED_A_A,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent experience with us.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences encountered by A/C in your room. We have an ongoing maintenance program for all our rooms and I regret issues have been overlooked prior to your arrival. I know times goes fast in Paris and and am sorry you could not meet with our manager on duty at that time, as he would have found a solution quickly.

thank you also for the nice comments on our staff!

Hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back next time coming back to Paris,

Happy Easter!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2012

Fantastic location! next to Tuileries Garden and in between Louvre and champs Elysee ( 10 minutes each way). Very fancy part of Paris with some great restaurants and boutiques all around it. Room was a nice size and had a lovely balcony. Food was fantastic in the bar and it had its own restaurant with some great dishes. Eiffel Tower can be seen from the room and is a 20 minute walk. The Arc de Triumph is about a 20 minute walk also. Very clean, suave and I would recommend it highly.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Paulbo4
Dear Paulbo4,

Thank you for your review.

Glad you had such a nice stay with us and enjoyed our now famous Eiffel Tower view!!
Thank you also for the great comments about our Tuileries Bar, where our Bar manager has some very interesting creations!

Hope to see you soon in Paris & Happy Easter!

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

The best thing about the Westin Paris Vendome is its location: on rue Rivoli across from the Tuileries Gardens, steps away from the Louvre, the shopping mecca of rue St.Honore and on, and on, and on.
The room I had during this, my second, stay was of a nice size, very clean, well appointed, comfortable and mostly quiet. You could hear people in the next room.
Things to mind: long, winding corridors, expensive WiFi, breakfast at the restaurant ends at 10 AM (you can eat at the bar however).
This hotel is a luxury hotel, the staff is courteous, polished and discrete.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear TravelOnceMonthly,

thank you for sharing your recent experience on tripadvisor.

I am happy you had another nice stay with us and have also well noted our a few things we could improve on.

I hope on your next visit we will able to show you we are able to provide a perfect service to suit your needs!

All the best,
Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Just back from a 3 Night Stay at the Westin Hotel, We got a great deal with Starwood through a friend. Lovely hotel, Room was ok size for French Standards but quite dark - bathroom ok size with plenty of toiletries bath robes etc, Bed very comfy. We did not eat breakfast here as plenty of cafe's nearby and I did hear it was very pricey - 5 Minute walk to Concorde Metro Stop - Very expensive Area - I would recommend but would not pay normal Rates try and get a special offer if you can!!
15 Minute Walk into city centre
Be sure and bring Comfy shoes as you do walk lots in Paris
Staff were friendly and helpful at all times
Enjoy your trip

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Berroca,

Thank you for your review.

Happy you had a nice stay with us recently and hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back with us next time you are in Paris!

be well,
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2012

Once again I'm in Paris in March and once again I'm in an apartment that is not acceptable so until I can get moved to another apartment, the Westin Paris it is. The platinum conceirge who's name starts with a T is sweet and helpful. The other, the lady who's name starts with an L and is Dutch is a dour, hateful woman. This property is good in a pinch and when using cash & points or free nights, but the regular nightly rates are appalling. If you get a room where you can't hear everything single word of your neighbor (as was the case in room #1 this trip) you will get a good night sleep. The second room we were in was less posh, but quiet. The manager Joanne was quite kind when I spoke with her the next morning about the way the hateful concierge handled my complaint about the loud room from the night before.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Chellebell,

Thank for another comment after the one written last year.

I am sorry you encountered troubles with the first allocated room, which seemed to be noisy. I see Joanna our manager on duty as well as our Guest Relations' team took good care of you and helped moving to a quieter one.
I have seen your mention of an unfriendly person in the team and regret you experienced this kind of situation at that time. Please accept my apologies for that and I will make sure to share your remarks with our teams as this should not happen.

With this said, I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back (though wish you nicer experiences with apartments in Paris as well)

Best regards,
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I have stayed here several times and it can be wildly inconsistent. I have had a tiny room for two in the attic, this time a large suite. The staff overall is professional and quite pleasant. My only bad experience was a Sunday morning when we arrived for brunch at 9:50, and all of the food was taken away at 10. I was so shocked that I didn't say anything, although I eventually did write a letter and got an offer for a free brunch next time I am in Paris.
On the plus side the brunch is great,although expensive. The location is excellent, just across from the Louvre. The rooms are a little tired but comfortable. Although it wouldn't be my first choice of places to stay in Paris it's worth it if you can get a deal.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JohnLosAngeles_CA
Dear JohnLosAngeles_CA,

thank you for your review about your recent stay, particularly as a frequent guest of the hotel.

Though I am glad you had a nice Suite this time, I am sorry to see you encountered inconveniences when arriving for breakfast at the restaurant. I have already advised our Director of food & beverage in order for us to improve on the service.

Thank you again for your feedback and trust we will have the pleasure to welcome you back next time travelling to Paris.

Kind regards,