“Great stay!”

Ranked #449 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Houston, Texas
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We had two rooms on the 4th (I think) floor that were connecting - only way for a family of 4 to stay. Rooms were a nice size and we had great views of the Eiffel Tower to our right and the Louvre to the left, with the park right in front. Wonderful resort with great staff. Had one easy dinner in the hotel bar - we liked our salad and the kids liked their pizzas (they were just fine in there with us, but they are 15 and 12).

Room Tip: Get a room with an Eiffel Tower view.
1 Thank SherriLR
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear SherriLR,

thank you for taking the time to post your great review!

I am delighted to hear you had such a nice stay with your family, and all enjoyed the Eiffel Tower view as well as the one on The Louvre!

Thanks you also for the nice comments on our staff!

best,
Abraham

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I stayed the weekend at the Westin Paris, Vendome, and had a great time. No cannot beat the central location of this hotel to hit all the major touristy sites. I usually prefer to stay somewhere less centralized in the city, but I was traveling with a family member who had never been to Paris, so this was the obvious choice. The hotel is close to everything you will want to see while being a tourist in Paris, and within walking distance. To get some really great food, you may need to travel a bit, and the restaurant at the hotel is not very good.

The room did feel a little out-dated, and the bed was definitely not what I have to come to expect at the Westin. But all-in-all, the hotel was comfortable.

Great service by the front desk staff and concierge, who booked multiple meals for us a great locations.

The best thing about this hotel was the price. I used a mix of SPG points and cash, what a smoking deal!! I was going to try to stay at the W, but at 600EU a night, it just wasn't reasonable compared to this hotel.

I would recommend for business or pleasure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeremy C
Dear Jeremy C,

thank you for your nice review about your recent stay with us.

I am little disappointed to learn you were not impressed by your allocated room as well as by the food at Le First.

Trust we will have another opportunity to show you our variety or rooms and suites and change your mind about our restaurant.

Kind regards,
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wife and I spent a wonderful 3 nights at the Westin Vendome for a luxury break in Paris. Everything about our stay was wonderful. Reception was efficient and friendly, the entrance and lobby area was welcomimg and opulent, and our room with a view of the Eiffel Tower amazing although maybe a little on the small side. We also had several meals at Le First restaurant and were really impressed with the food and service. The location of the hotel is also fantastic for taking in the sights of the city being within walking distance to the Louvre, Tuilerie Gardens, Champs Elysees and the best shopping areas. It is expensive, but this is Paris, and the room with a view made it just about worth the money. All in all highly recommended.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with an Eiffel Tower view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ian L
Dear Ian L,

Many thanks for this great review!

I am delighted to see you enjoyed our amazing Eiffel Tower view from your room! Thank you also for the great comments about the food at Le First, our restaurant boudoir.

Hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you next time coming back to Paris,

best regards,
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I traveled with my fiancee, we are both late 20s and this was our first trip to Paris ever. Could not have asked for a better hotel. VERY PLEASED. Actually found this hotel through Booking.com and then called the hotel and they price-matched their rate which allowed me to get the Starwood reward points. Really great customer service and if you're an American, it's nice to know there is a 1-800 number you can call "back in the states" if things go south. However, we did not have that issue at all.

It's your typical Westin, big comfy bed, nice bathroom. We were surprised to find ourselves with an awesome balcony view out of our window. To our right was the Tuilleries and to our left was the Place Vendome. Directly across from our balcony was the Le Meurice hotel. Many times we would be on our balcony enjoying a glass of wine and a person staying at the Meurice would come out and sit on theirs. We would wave but secretly laugh that we were enjoying the same view as them for a fraction of the cost.

The only complaint I have is that I felt very nickled-and-dimed the entire time I was in the hotel. Simple things like a cup of coffee in the lobby, which is free in almost every Westin I've stayed at, would cost 4-5 euros. In the room, we had a tiny fridge but Cokes were 8 euros. We ended up calling the concierge and having them remove all items out of our fridge. We went to a local grocery store and bought a 6-pack of Cokes for about 3 euros. Highly recommend doing this, and getting some sandwich meat and bread. Do not store cheese in there because it is NOT cold enough and you will have a smelly fridge. Additionally, the price for Wifi was something like $20/day which is ridiculous. It should be free for the entire length of your stay, or at least free for an hour a day or something.

Despite those small complaints, if I was planning a trip back to Paris right now, I'd stay in the Westin again. It is close enough to walk everywhere and we felt very safe walking around late at night (2am+) after leaving the local bars.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sam M
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Sam M,

thank you for your nice review!

I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with your fiancée recently!

Glad to see you had a nice room with a view on Place Vendôme and Tuileries Gardens and could relax in the famous Heavenly Bed!

Kind regards and à bientôt in Paris!
Stamford, ct
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Great location for a vacation in Paris, but it is a rather large & impersonal hotel. The staff was okay, just not very friendly. Our room was very large but was on the back side of the hotel --- every morning the garbage & construction was very loud. The cleaning of room was minimal & turn down nonexistent.

Dear Lesliedw,

thank you for taking the time to post your review on tripadvisor.

I am sorry to learn you could not fully enjoy your stay with us, mainly due to the street noise around your room. Please accept my apologies for that, we have a large variety of rooms on different floors and with different views, and regret not to have met with you during you stay, as I would have helped relocating to a more quiet area.

I have also well noted your comments about the staff friendliness and housekeeping service, and will share with our teams in order to improve.

Dear Lesliedw, I sincerely would like to leave a better impression and show you we are capable of a much better high quality of service, like you would be used in our sister properties.

Best regards,
New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We (2 adults one child) just got back after staying 3 nights from April 5 thr. April 8 at this lovely hotel. We arrived at hotel 8am from CDG taking the Metro after one quick change in centeral Paris and the room was given to us at 11am which I think was very good considering it was Easter weekend. The decor is lovely, the location is excellent where we walked every where, but what made it perfect was he professional service and care from the staff. Special thanks to the concierge team who helped us getting a table for 3 for dinner at the Le Souffle restaurant when it was fully booked and don't accept walk ins. Thank you again, and looking forward staying here on my/our next visit to Paris.
Regards,

Room Tip: Our room was one side street and therefore it was very quite at night.
Dear Zman1921,

thank you for your nice comments, I am glad to hear you had a great Easter stay with us(hope you liked the eggs as well).

I will pass you special thanks to the concierges team, they will be delighted by your remarks!

All the best,
San Francisco
Reviewed 23 April 2012

From the start, this hotel was not so good.

We took an 11 hour flight from San Francisco to Paris, and when we tried to check in at this hotel at 1:30pm, we were told the room would not be ready till 3pm, which was painful. The hotel did say they have a 3pm check-in time listed, but we were surprised because most hotels do let guests check in a couple hours early.

At 3pm we returned, and room was still not ready, so that was really, really painful. 20 minutes later, though, it was ready.

The room is small. Wifi is ridiculous expensive. And you will get hidden charges, that you will need to fight off (automatic donations without guest approval? wierd)

Other than all the above, hotel was ok.

So bottom line is, definitely do not pay regular room rate (w/o starwood points), starwood point + cash i guess is ok but hidden fees really suck, and if using all points and stay is free, then I can see it making some sense. (and other hotels are obviously pricey in Paris)

This hotel does really whack the Starwood brand, though (in a negative way). Sad.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear amitrockon,

thank you for taking the time to write your review.

I am sorry to discover you did not fully appreciate your stay with us. We are always happy to provide rooms before 3pm whenever availability allows it, though it is not always the case.
I regret you did not appreciate the allocated room, and would have liked to meet with you when at the hotel, as I would have been able to find a proper one for you.

Regarding the charge mentioned on your bill, please accept my apologies if our front desk team did not explain our partnership with Unicef, as this donation is entirely optional in all our Starwood properties.

With this said, I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back for a future trip in Paris.

Kind regards,