Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Novotel Montparnasse, which we booked through lastminute.com's 'top secret hotels'. Having stayed in the Montparnasse area before and enjoyed it's many cafes, bars and restaurants, I thought this would be a good bet for our stay, and a 4* hotel a nice treat as these would usually be beyond our budget.
Unfortunately the hotel is situated in a bit of a black spot behind one of the three Montparnasse stations, surrounded by office buildings. As other reviewers have said it is also a good 10 minute walk to the nearest metro station, although this does take you to a nicer area so not so bad.
In my opinion the quality of the hotel was not what you would expect from a 4*, and we felt that a few corners had been cut: paper cups for the tea and coffee facilities, stained and tired carpet, and just very basic shower gel in the bathrooms. To me it was the equivalent of a Travelodge in the UK - basic, functional and totally characterless. On the plus side the rooms were quiet, the bed comfortable and thre staff pleasant. We got a good deal through last minute, but the rack rate for our room at the hotel was nearly €300/night. If I had paid that I would have been most unhappy with the quality on offer.
Overall this hotel is fine if you're in Paris on business and for a night or two at the most. If you're looking for a nice area, close to transport and with a little class and character, give it a miss.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at the heart of Paris, the Novotel Paris Centre Gare Montparnasse is situated next to the Montparnasse railway station and close to the Paris Exibition Center Porte de Versailles. You will easily access to the most famous tourism points of Paris : Eiffel Tower, Notre-Dame de Paris, Saint-Germain-des-Pres, Montmartre... The 199 rooms are spacious, modern and air-conditioned. We will also find a restaurant within the hotel which provide tasty french cuisine, a bar/lounge and a fitness room. The hotel owns a private car park and the stay for children under 16 is free! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel Paris Centre Gare Montparnasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Paris Gare Montparnasse Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Montparnasse
- Novotel Montparnasse
- Paris Novotel
- Novotel Paris Montparnasse