Hotel Voltaire Republique
Hotel Eiffel Seine(Paris)
US$174
US$167
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$219
US$195
Official Site
  • Room Service
Hotel Augustin - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$155
Official Site
Le 55 Montparnasse Hotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$150
Hotel Darcet(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$89
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Voltaire for three nights for new years eve. As I was with two friends we requested a room with three single beds, however were given a room with one double and one single.

The room was a good size. It had a TV, wardrobe, table and a couple of chairs. The bathroom was very small. Especially the shower. There was just enough room to wash yourself.

The beds were comfy but the pillow was thin and small and served no purpose at all. I slept resting my head on my arm instead. The sheets were also stained.

The hotel states that it has a hairdryer. This isn't in the room and I asked reception for a hairdryer but was told the only one they have was in use. One hairdryer for a hotel with 6 floors is ridiculous and I had to go without.

The hotel is situated right outside Metro Oberkampf which makes it really easy to get around Paris. There are plenty of Cafes and places to eat in the area. A short walk to Republique offers more restaurants, bars and cafes.

The room was serviced daily however we did notice that the sink in the bathroom hadn't been cleaned one day which made us wondered exactly how much the maids clean the room.

The lift in the hotel is VERY small. We all managed to cram in but you wouldn't want to do that with people you don't know.

Staff were polite and helpful.

Overall I would stay in this hotel again if the price was cheaper. I believe for the money I payed I could find something better.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank ClurrrBee
Reviewed December 28, 2011

Not a terrible stay, but not that enjoyable either. Room was extremely basic, with no fridge or other basic facilities. The worst part was the lack of A/C or ventilation - we had to open the window all night, providing us with the sound of police screaming up and down the road. Staff were very helpful, even accepting my flawed French.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

It should not be even classed as a one-star hotel. The hotel does not had any facilities that could be associated with a hotel.
A) The room was very dirty, the black table in the room had a broken leg.
B) It was very hard to get out of the toilet (very small toilet). The door was opening against the toilet pan.
C) Too small people or one large person could get into the lift at any one time.
D) The amount of breakfast provided for 6 euros/person was very small in comparison with other hotels that we stayed in while in France.
E) Staff failed to communicate prior to our arrival.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tony B
Reviewed October 7, 2011

We went to visit Paris quite spontaneously and on a very tight budget so we booked this budget hotel. But our experience was so bad that we would never go back and I won't recommend any one to experience it. The rooms were very cramped, The bathroom stinked. The room was maintained so badly that we stayed in the room just to sleep and preferred to stay out of it the rest of the time. The location is quite okay with all the tram stations closed to it. But it is not at all worth the money spent. I guess you could get much better hotels than this at this price

Room Tip: Don't take any room here
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ravikiranp
Reviewed October 3, 2011

After reading all of the comments here, I was expecting a nightmare, but on the contrary I was surprised with the size of the room, the cleanness and location. It's true that the hotel is a bit noisy,n but the view of Sacre Coeur from my balcony worth every penny. Ask for a superior room, 54, 55 or 56.

Room Tip: 54, 55 or 56. Blacony with a nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple