See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 18, 2018

From the outside, it does not look convincing; the inside is functional and my room was quite comfy for a 3-night stay. Staff was quite helpful and accommodating.
Breakfast (EUR 6) was French-Continental with fresh croissant and baguette, OJ and Cafe au Lait. Did not miss anything. They even served it very early due to an early departure.
Did I miss a lift? Yes. Did I manage the "narrow" staircase? Yes, but I did not have any major heavy luggage with me.
Would I recommend it? Always. It is so conveniently located to Metro Guy Moquet and Bus line 31 (Etoile - Gare de l'Est)(5 minutes walk), all the facilities such as supermarkets, brasseries, restaurants are within a 10-min walk.
Noise-level from the road. Quite normal for a one-way inner Paris street.
Room comfort level: Very good (would be interesting to know if they have air-conditioning for Summer time)

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank AMX280150
Reviewed February 14, 2018 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for the first 3nights in our trip in Paris.

Its located in a nice domestic area, where where are lors of restaurant, bars, supermarkets around. Its only 4mins walking distance to the metro, and you can reach most of the attractions in 15 to 20mins.
We tried 2 of the neighbourhood restaurant which was good too.

Heater was warm enough, with clean towels. The room is small.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank ecnfung
Reviewed September 16, 2017

First of all, I knew when I booked this hotel, that I wasn´t going to get a 3 or 4 or 5 stars hotel/room, I was aware of what I was going to get, therefore my expectations weren´t that high and I was ok with that. Liked the fact, that there were some small shops close to the hotel were to get something to drink or to eat, and I liked that the hotel is really close to the metro station Guy Moquet, which allows you to get everywhere you want within minutes.
What I didn´t like was the dirt in the room and the mold in the shower. I guess, when a hotel manager or owner doesn´t care about his rooms being clean, then it means he doesn´t care anymore about his hotel and his guests. As you can see from the pictures, there was mold in the shower, dust in the room. A clean room would have equaled to a way better review.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Christian C
Reviewed September 12, 2017

had a wonderful experience at the hotel. I would give 5 stars but the hotel doesn't have a lift, so if you have heavy bag, it is bit tough. The staffs are wonderful and it is very close to the major attraction. There are lots of eateries to choose nearby.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 21, 2016

I booked HOTEL AVENIR fromm Booking.com I was on extensive europe tour for seven weeks When i reached Hotel AVENIR mr Abdullah who was the recepionist told me that my booking no 1201931410 pin code 9996 was cancelled I gave him my credit card to book a room and after sometime he returned my credit card and asked cash for my stay from 4th oct to 7th oct I gave him euro 180 in cash Hotel receptionist mr Abdullah cheated with me by charging twice hotel Avenir management charged my credit card and also took cash I contacted the Booking.com and the hotel Avenir management many times but hotel Avenir managent is not answering my calls/emails inspite of repeated reminders
I wonder why TRIPADVISOR andBooking .com has such dubious hotels on their panel who cheat with the tourist

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kamalpiad
sam4150, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Avenir Jonquiere, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2016

Sir,
We are outraged by your false and serious accusations, especially because of yours two differents versions given to Booking and TripAdvisor, which shows your bad faith and your willingness to harm us!
We do not understand your fury and your lies!

Hôtel Avenir Jonquière