“FEMALE SOLO TRAVLER BEWARE”

Hotel Saint Cyr Etoile
Ranked #1,244 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Madrid, New Mexico
“FEMALE SOLO TRAVLER BEWARE”
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I was looking for youth hostels and stopped to ask for directions. The man behind the desk said there were none but offered me a room for a student discount. I was kicked out of my room at 2 am. I was given my money back but only offered a pillow and blanket on the lobby floor and with it being so late i hadnt much other choice. I woke at 5:45 to the man behind the desk LYING NEXT TO ME RUBBING MY BELLY and telling me that I was beautiful! He would barely let me leave and tried to keep my luggage so I would have to come back! if you have any respect for a mother sister daughter cousin or friend, do not stay here! very unprofessional! HORRIBLE HOTEL!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
15 Thank MICKEYOBRIEN
alaingervais, Propriétaire at Hotel Saint Cyr Etoile, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Madam,
First of all , I was thinking that you was describing the wrong hotel, but I tried to find out what was going on during that night which was very long because I didn't have the exact date of your stay. I saw hours of video recording and I saw that you was kicked off your room as you said because you and your friends was so drunk and made so much noise that the other customers couldn't sleep ( you came from the Jame Joyce irish pub). I understand that you were upset about that but you have to understand that our customers are families or businessmen .
The guy who worked that night was very patient with you and such a testimony is not very nice from you. The next time you come in paris , ask for me and Ii will be delighted to talk with you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Munich
Reviewed 27 October 2008

Small, simple, central, relatively clean, some renovation done, Like most paris hotels: small room, noisy. Overall a goof choice, friendly reception, nice breakfast. Quality-Price ratio is good. For people attenting a congress about 1 min walking !

Stayed October 2008
2 Thank CP0801
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed 25 July 2007

Stayed there Friday & Saturday night. Great location just opposite the Ryanair bus stop from Beauvais airport and a 5 minute walk from both the Metro and the RER suburban rail lines.
The staff were very friendly and helpful.
However the Rooms I stayed in were very small and the heat was oppressive so as to prevent sleep. Opening the windows does allow for some cooling, but unfortunately the street noise in the area then prevented me sleeping.
The shower-head holder in my 1st room fell from the wall when I placed the shower-head in it and the grime and perished glue behind the clip was most unpleasent. The shower itself was not very clean with mildue visibile between some of the tiles (most unhygienic). When I complained the following morning I was moved to a second room. Unfortunately, the toilet in this room would not flush, a fact I discovered when I rose to use it in the middle of the night.
Overall, I would use the hotel again but would ensure I paid extra for an air-conditioned room.

• Liked — Friendly Staff
  • Disliked — Hygiene standards in bathroom/loilets
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Stropaire