All reviews spiral staircase eiffel tower location is great montmartre suite wallpaper parisian cafes
Reviewed September 8, 2014

We were invited by friends for brunch on Sunday. We arrived at 2:30 per our reservation, seated below at at table that wasn't set and we waited...and waited. Eventually a young woman appeared and asked us what we wanted to drink. We requested orange juice and coffee. We waited...and waited. Finally our host went into the kitchen and got us forks (!); still no service and there were almost no clean plates for the brunch. One cup of coffee arrived after about 1/2 hour; we had to ask several times for napkins, idem for water and knives. We have lived in France since 2001 and have never had such poor service in any restaurant. A first! It's too bad because the setting is charming, but from the beginning to the end, the service failed on every accout.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Stephanie F
Reviewed September 2, 2014

I have travelled much of the world, and stayed in places Unique, amazing, posh, different, and odd. When I travel to Paris, I always end of staying in standard places, hotels, in the middle of the zones, to have quick access, and easy living. I read about Hotel Particulier a year or two ago, and always wanted to stay there, but never had the time been right, however, when my Wife and I finally got time to take our honeymoon, I made time to fly into Paris, before driving to the south, and stay here. It's hidden in Montmartre, not hidden so much that you can't find it in a snobbish way, more hidden in a way that life cannot find you. Its an Oasis, of classic French Styling, with chateau and villa tendencies. It's located in a great area near the classic places of old Paris, but with access to newer life in Paris. The staff is perfectly standoffish but quick to help in anyway you need, they lay in the shadows until you need them, and then quickly they see to your every need. My wife and I are both Designers from NYC, and the details in the rooms, bathrooms, and hotel decor do not go unnoticed, its very well thought out, but without seeming so. Understated is the perfect word. We asked to be seated for dinner away from the dinner crowd that comes to eat, which says something about the food, if people come to eat and are not guests of the hotel.
Our waiter in the garden bar area, accommodated us, and modified my wives meal due to her being 7 months pregnant, and was very polite but very witty and funny. A very romantic dinner by candlelight, and hidden in the great landscaping of the property. I recommend the pear dessert ,and prawn salad.

To make this short, if you're looking for a hotel, don't stay here, this is something else, this is an experience, it's worth every penny, if you let it. Don't come in with preset expectations of what hotels should be, just come in, sit in the garden, take a deep breath, have a glass of wine, or tea, and just let go. From the location, the privacy, to the staff that is only there, when you need them, to the owner sending us off politely and graciously, this is by far one of my favorite hotels in the world. We will be back in Paris in 6 months, and will stay every night of our 7 days here, without hesitation.

Room Tip: There re only 5-6 rooms, and they are all different, and personal, you can go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Christopher B
Oscar C, Gérant at Hotel Particulier Montmartre, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2014

Dear Sir,

What a great comment! Thank you so much for taking the time to detail your experience, it means a lot us.
We really enjoyed having you here and definitely look forward to welcoming you again for your next stay in Paris!

Best regards,

Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

After a long walk upwards in the hill of Montmartre we found this secret garden cute but not very proper, not very quiet either. We stayed for brunch and found a great variety of things to choose from but were disappointed by the overpriced service

Stayed: August 2014
Oscar C, Gérant at Hotel Particulier Montmartre, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your comment.

I am sorry to read you could not enjoy the gardens when peaceful, for they are known for being quiet and guests often compare them to a countryside oasis in the city. The famous landscape architect Louis Benech designed the gardens to make this place relaxing and beautiful. They are carefully maintained by our gardener every month and cleaned on a daily basis to welcome guests in the most pleasant environment possible.

As you said, brunch offers a great variety of products. They are selected and prepared with care by the Chef for plates filled with fresh and tasty food. A new brunch menu is being prepared, I hope you will not hesitate to try it next time you come to Paris, and maybe you will prefer our cosy dining room.

With very best regards,

Reviewed August 1, 2014

My husband took me here for my birthday and I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel! It is a little hidden gem in Paris. The garden is absolutely beautiful as are the rooms. The breakfast was so wonderful we didn't eat anywhere else for breakfast for the whole trip! The bar for evening cocktails is a perfect way to start and finish an evening.

The staff, in particular Pia and Jason couldn't do enough for us - going so far out of there way to make us have a good time, including organising private yoga lessons for us in our room. Absolutely fab! I 100% recommend this hotel - absolutely magical.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We are truly glad you could make the most of your stay at the Hotel and having you here was a real pleasure too. The reception team keeps a particularly great memory of you!

We look forward to seeing you again soon,

Kind regards from everyone,

Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is a hotel for those who don't want the same old. The staff is young, bright and energetic. We never asked for anything that was too much trouble for them. Thanks to them, this was a very special long weekend.

The room #3 was large and comfortable with a great view of the pétanque club next door and the side garden. The bathroom was beautiful and the tub perfect. I liked it more than the others I saw.

It was fun to visit the pétanque club with one of the staff who introduced me around to the locals. You have the right to play as a guest and the locals are characters.

Breakfast was delicious as was Sunday brunch which is advisable to book ahead as it fills up with different locals. The chic ones. Models, stylish matrons in Chanel, the privileged of Paris. Sitting in the garden is the best so hope the weather cooperates. Thank you weather gods.

The bad (I am trying to be balanced) is that the hotel is quirky charming artsy and at these prices you may wish it were more comfortably elegant. Noise travels from the rooms above and so the possibility of having your peace interrupted exists. Double glazed windows would have made sleeping easier one night as a 3am conversation in a nearby garden was quite audible. But this is Paris and it's a living city so it's part of the experience of staying in a neighborhood and not a corporate hotel.

None of the negatives take away from my desire to return and take over the hotel with a group of friends one day. The HPM is definitely worth checking out if you have an adventurous streak. And the staff is truly charming across the board.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple