“Amazing experience”
Review of Epicure

Epicure
Reserve with
Epicure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 19,129 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$40 - US$100
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2017

We have been to dinner on the 9th Dec. This has been by far the most memorable meal of my life. Having been to numerous Michelin starred restaurants I had high expectations but these were surpassed beyond my expectations. Food is simply devine. Impeccable service. Wine pairings perfect. Cheese selection awesome. Dessert simply to die for. I would fly back to Paris just for one day to have dinner again.

Hotel Le Bristo... P, Responsable adjoint de la restauration at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Dear Sir,

We are thrilled to read such warming comments regarding the overall ambiance and experience you had. We are especially pleased to read that the cuisine designed by our Chef Eric Frechon at Epicure exceeded your expectations.

We are also enchanted that the variety of wine offered matched perfectly with the meals you chose, that cheeses and desserts pleased you so much.

We would be very flattered if you fly back to Paris only to visit us a second time. We therefore hope to have the great pleasure to welcome you back among us very soon and stay at your full disposal for any future reservation.

Food and Beverage Assistant Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,537)

Reviewed December 4, 2017

Great meal. Macaroni to die for. Was a welcome rebound after a poor meal at Guy Savoy the night before. Would recommend.

2  Thank SelmaL327
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Responsable adjoint de la restauration at Epicure, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to write us this very nice review.

We are thrilled to read that we succeeded in meeting your high expectations during your experience in our 3-Michelin stars Epicure restaurant. Indeed, we pay a lot of attention to details for you to enjoy a unique experience and your appreciation means a lot to us.

We were also delighted to share your compliments about our food, in particular the macaroons and, with our team members, who were all very touched.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back among us very soon and stay at your full disposal.

Reviewed November 29, 2017

Epicure is simply an incredible dining experience. I say that after spending a week in Paris and having my fair share of fine dining throughout the city. I surprised my wife for her birthday and she was very pleased. I recommend making a reservation a week or 2 in advance. I did so via email. They confirmed the reservation by calling me in the US from Paris.

The food was meticulously prepared and all was delicious. We each had the 6 course tasting menu. A great variety of seafood, duck, pasta....etc. Each and every course impressed us.

The service was excellent as well. The wait staff and sommelier were very friendly and helped us choose a number of excellent wines that we simply loved. I've been to high-end restaurants before and I find that the staff is sometimes very uptight and stuffy. Not here, the people who work at Epicure were very pleasant and at times funny.

This restaurant is inside the Le Bristol Hotel which is a gorgeous establishment. Epicure is very warm (fireplace was roaring) and classy. It has a nice and cozy feel and when you dine there you will feel important.

Well Done.

1  Thank Craig B

Dear Guest,

It was our great pleasure to welcome you on this special occasion, your wife’s birthday, and we are delighted to read that you enjoyed your experience among us, in particular the variety of meals offered, the kindness of the service and our warm atmosphere, especially thanks to our fireplace.

Your appreciation truly means a lot to us and we were thrilled to share your compliments with all our team members, who were very flattered.

Reviewed November 26, 2017

Paris of course boasts a number of the world’s top restaurants and chefs. The Epicure however is more than one of the world’s leading restaurants and Eric Frechon, more than one of the world’s top chefs.

Like any three-star restaurant, the service is of course impeccable. But the quality of this restaurant goes beyond the perfection one expects from a three-star restaurant. Beyond the Bristol’s sumptuous setting as a Paris institution, its gastronomic excellence and the irreproachable quality of its service, it also stands apart by offering something perhaps even grander: the art of hospitality, exemplified by the chef’s generosity of spirit and capacity to convey and share his passion for his art. Thank you Chef and the staff of Epicure for offering me a delightful interlude and a wonderful lunch last Friday, making my short trip to Paris more than worthwhile. I’ll be looking forward to my next visit. T.JUDGE, Limoux

1  Thank TJ268

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to read such warming comments regarding the overall ambiance and experience you had among us, so as to qualify Epicure services “higher than perfection”. We are very flattered you were sensitive to our generosity and passion as we always try our best to make you feel this way during your visit.

Your appreciation indeed means a lot to us and we had the great pleasure to share your compliments with all our team members.
We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Epicure in the near future, in order to provide you with a further memorable experience.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed November 25, 2017

One must make a reservation which I did via email. If you can get a window seat then there is an amazing view of the beautiful garden.
Being of asian origin and english speaking, I was hesitant at first having experienced occasion discrimination, but the staff at this restaurant were kind and helpful.
They created such a relaxing and enjoyable environment. Especially Stephan.
I came here with my dad for lunch and we had the tasting menu. They add 2 pre-appetizers and a pre-dessert.
The seafood tasting menu was outstanding with clear flavours, fresh and novel ingredients and no theatrics.
The amount of food with all the extra courses is more than enough.
The service was very attentive, friendly but not overly done.
The sommelier advised a nice bordeaux without breaking the budget of Euro 190. It complemented the food well.
The dessert of lychee sorbet with edible rose petals was divine.
We also had the cheese- dont miss the Brillat-Saverin cheese!
Then comes the Macaron pushcart with so many flavours.
The coffee selection was good and we went with the standard jamaican. I would not recommend driving as it will be difficult after the fullness of the menu and drinks.
As the meal takes 2-3 hours, it would be difficult for young children to stay attentive.
Afterwards, take a slow stroll around the beautiful hotel and marvel at the interiors.
Our wait staff Stephan was impeccable and helpful.
I will always remember this meal.

2  Thank Andrew D

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled to read such warming comments regarding the overall ambiance and experience you had among us. We are especially pleased to read that the cuisine at Epicure exceeded your expectations, especially our tasting menu, entailing a wide variety of our Chef handpicked signature dishes. Each dish contains natural and local products, ensuring a true French essence and we were delighted to share your compliments with Chef Frechon and all his team.

We are also very pleased that our waiting team completed your experience with their highly skilled service, especially with our Maître d’ Stephan and our sommelier, who had you discover spectacular wines, and which we are sure will remain as an extraordinary memory.

Kindest Regards,