“Bacalao”
Review of Saudade

Saudade
Reserve with
Saudade is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,216 of 19,000 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$36
Cuisines: Portuguese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Les Halles
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I came here for a bacalao gomes de sa with vino verde and I wasn't disappointed. Nice restaurant in a quiet street in the middle of Paris. Recommended!

Reviewed July 16, 2015 via mobile

Me and my partner we went to this restaurant and because I speak portuguese the waiter only spoke in portuguese leaving my partner who is Australian a little lost. At first we thought that the waiter couldn't speak english but in the end when my partner went to pay the bill he chatted with him and all.
I thought it was very rude the fact that the waiter didnt took the time to explain the menu to an english speaker when he could have done his job and earn his money properly.
I would not go back and wouldnt recommend people to go, unless you can speak portuguese or french. Because if you only speak english you might be mistreated there.

1  Thank edn89
Reviewed July 14, 2015

We were looking for an Italian restaurant which we couldn't find and somehow found this place. Lucky us. It was a 100 degrees in Paris while we were there and few restaurants have A/C. This place did and it could've served us water only but it had so much more. A great wine selection. A varied and delicious menu. The server was very friendly and helpful. A short walk to our hotel which was also nice. Right off the Rue de Rivoli so we did some shopping afterwards. Great find.

Reviewed June 29, 2015

Exploring the surroundings of our hotel in Paris we found this lovely Portuguese Restaurant called "Saudade", a meaningful word that only exists in the Portuguese language. It was really attractive, beautifully decorated with Portuguese ceramics, porcelains and mirrors and we didn't have dinner there at that moment because the kitchen was already closed. No problem, we made a reservation for the other day. We had been attracted for the beautiful decor and our love for the Portuguese food, but the experience we had there excelled our expectations. The food was very good, the wine list full of possibilities and the service was friendly beyond words. There were among the guests, local people, Portuguese people visiting the French capital and we felt like being at home. I felt that such a nice experience should be shared.

Reviewed June 14, 2015

Nice restaurant, centrally located. Quiet and not pretentious with very good food. The bacalao is marvelous the best in Paris. The tables and quite large and far apart for each other so conversation. Is private and the restaurant is quiet, very pleasant. Very good value for money. Also the red wines are very good and not expensive, well recomended by the maitre d'.