“Slow staff, dirty and not relaxing”
Review of Terminus Nord

Terminus Nord
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Terminus Nord is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,490 of 18,720 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$22 - US$48
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Château d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Description: This delightful combination of Art Nouveau and Art Deco is a mere stone's throw from the Gare du Nord train station. Since 1925, the traditional brasserie has been extending a gourmet welcome to Parisian travellers. Businessmen heading off to London, European Parliament members returning from Brussels, families visiting from the provinces... Everyone's paths cross at Terminus Nord, the most animated of the great Parisian brasseries.
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Thought we would have a special last meal before the train back to Blighty. This looked a good place to eat so gave it a go. the place was not full, but we were led round most of the restaurant before coming back on ourselves to a table we had passed moments earlier. we sat down and were eventually given menus. What seemed like ages, the waiter came back to take the order. the order arrived and this was the only positive thing to say, the food was really good. However, there was no bread served with the meal and this was not an optional extra on the menu and when we did leave, I noticed other tables had bread. we finished main and was asked if we would like dessert and we said yes please, the waitress said she would get the menu. 15 minutes later still no dessert menu. The waitress was doing other things. During this time, a manager seemed to have a go at one of the staff in front of everyone and then they moaned to another member of staff, again in front of everyone, another member of staff was carrying a large tray full of glasses and he came past really quickly and was knocked by another customer and glasses smashed everywhere and to top it all we observed a member of staff drop a spoon and then put it back in the cutlery drawer ready to be used on a table. I thought at first I was in a French faulty towers. After 15 minutes we still had no menu so asked for the bill and left. Worse restaurant I have been to for service.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,731)

Reviewed April 1, 2018

I was looking for lighter fare but was thrilled when our traveling group settled on this charming spot for lunch before catching a train. The interior is magnificent -- a grand space decorated with beautiful antique painted wallpaper and spectacular sculpted glass light fixtures. Our table gave high marks for the fish dishes.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Coming from South of Europe we know what is fresh sea food amd what is not.
Asked for a Premium Seafood Mix.
Oysters were fresh but this was all!
Lobster Crab and Shrimps all frozen!

My family came here for over 30 years and it is a pitty having such a high reputation, that standard is getting this low. Will not return.

Reviewed March 22, 2018 via mobile

Lunch before jump on the train.
So I was a bit in the hurry, but meal comes very soon. Thats was a relief.

I had snail for starter, was a bit too dry, not marinated well. But steak was great. I guess seafood platter is the most popular dish. But I ain’t got time for that.

Service was perfect! Waiter was constantly asking about the meal and everything. Also I have seen they knew what regular want already which is very nice to see they are very attending on customers.

Reviewed March 18, 2018 via mobile

It was a pleasant surprise to find such good food right in front of the railway terminal. We went with 2 kids- one 3 years and one 7 years. The staff was friendly and both the kids enjoyed. They even turned the main course into kinder menu .. which was great
We had a good time there.