“Romantic Dinner for Two”
Review of Bateau le Calife

Bateau le Calife
Ranked #14 of 18,195 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2018

My husband booked an evening dinner cruise as a birthday surprise and we loved every minute of our time on board.

From the moment we arrived staff were friendly, helpful and attentive.

We chose to eat from the slightly cheaper menu and the food was amazing. From the salmon starter, to the steak main, to the creme brulee, everything tasted incredible.

The cruise is very well timed and we loved watching the sights go by even if it was raining! The highlight is obviously cruising by the Eiffel Tower in time for the light show and it truly capped an amazing night,

Whilst we enjoyed a romantic dinner for two there were families and groups of friends on board who looked as if they were enjoying themselves too.

Well worth a visit and great value for money

4  Thank Ladypiwah
Write a ReviewReviews (2,169)

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have taken this dinner cruise on the Siene river twice. Both occurrences were absolutely spectacular. The ship is immaculate, safe, clean and beautifully decorated. The crew on board the ship is friendly, professional, and bends over backwards to make you feel welcomed. The staff serving the meal is attentive and accommodating. The food is some of the best in all of Paris. Which is saying something, considering Paris is the gastronomic center of the world. Food preparation is on board the ship. The meals are outstanding, and delicious. I highly recommend this food experience to anyone traveling to the City of Paris. The entire experience lasts approximately 2 hours. You will gently glide past the Eiffel Tower during the meal. You will see the Eiffel Tower shimmer with it's white twinkle lights at the top of the hour. It us a magical moment. Super romantic. This dinner cruise is perfect for anniversaries, birthdays, or just enjoying the beautiful city of Paris at night. You will not be disappointed with this dinner cruise. It Is absolutely outstanding. Highly recommend.

7  Thank walltim123
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This was such a highlight of our trip. I organized it as a surprise and was a bit skeptical, you know river cruise food can be a let down. But oh my goodness was I surprised with amazing food, excellent service and unforgettable views. Everything was just perfect. This is a must do and worth every cent.

4  Thank VintagePrincess1973
Reviewed 11 January 2018

I only had a couple of days to arrange this trip to Paris, and to arrange it in secret as a surprise. When I telephoned Le Calife they were fully booked, but they bent over backwards to help me out. They created a table by the bar with a window view and it was perfect. In between each of our four course meal we went up on deck and took in the sights, and when the next course arrived one of the staff came to get us. They really did look after us.

This was a great choice for a special occasion, and for a short trip to Paris we captured much of the city just from the boat. Apart from the great staff, great food and great service, you get to slowly cruise up and down the Seine seeing all the great architecture of Paris.

Le Calife is moored by the Pont des Arts (Port des Saints Pères/Quai de Conti) on the Left Bank of the Seine (South side). You arrive about 7.30pm and board the boat for drinks. The boat sets off about 8.45pm and you head up the river towards Notre Dame as the Sun is setting and then at a point further up the river the boat turns around and heads down the Seine, flanks Notre Dame again, towards the Eiffel Tower all lit up, passes the Statue Of Liberty, then the boat turns around again and heads back up the Seine to the point of origin at the Pont des Arts. The whole experience was about four hours, and I think we alighted from the boat about 11.30pm.

Without a doubt we would return and experience this again! We both had a wonderful evening, fun with the crew and staff, great food and great wine! We are looking forward to returning very soon. Thank you so much for making it happen and for looking after us! Merci beaucoup!

3  Thank jolee2017
Reviewed 10 January 2018

My girlfriend and I booked the Calife for our first night in Paris as a romantic way to celebrate her birthday, the start of our vacation and to see the city; what a smart move that was. The food was spectacular and authentically French, the boat was adorable and the staff was amazing.

I'd highly recommend this - if you can afford the incremental cost, it is head and shoulders better than the conveyor belt boat cruises that also run along the Seine.

1  Thank runningsheep22