“Good Food”
Review of Fils du Soleil

Fils du Soleil
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Fils du Soleil is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,266 of 19,148 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$0 - US$29
Cuisines: Colombian, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Château d'Eau / Gare du Nord
Reviewed June 20, 2017

Very nice location and tasty food. It gets louder at night but lunch is good and comfy. It coud also use some renovation to reflect the nice surroundings.

Reviewed October 27, 2015

I went here with a friend about two weeks ago, and we walked out laughing in shock, leaving half-uneaten meals and still hungry. I cannot remember paying for a worse meal in my life. We both ordered burritos. My 'pork' burrito was a tortilla, slice of supermarket ham, orange plastic cheese wrapped up and MICROWAVED. Topped with cheap sour cream and guac. Dry rice, tasteless red beans. Her vegetarian burrito was the same, except with reheated frozen veggie cubes, such as you would buy from a shop. Her cocktail was undrinkable. We debated refusing to pay, but the server was so nice and possibly embarrassed we just paid and fled. I don't know what the rest of the menu was like, but those burritos were just unacceptable. I hope they read this review and improve their offerings.

Reviewed August 15, 2015

I chose this restaurant because of all the good ratings about it, but frankly I was disappointed. The service was very good but the food, although copious, was not what I had expected after experiencing other South American and Mexican restaurants.

I had a "ceviche de pescado" and judging by other ceviches I've had the fish here was overcooked -probably left too long marinating. I have the impression that all the dishes were already cooked well in advance and reheated.

The servings are enormous. I had a starter, main course and dessert and frankly even after a long walk I could not eat anymore for the day.

If you are looking for a place with good service where you can have big portions enough to do you for the day, this is the place to go.
If you are looking for authentic Colombian or Mexican cuisine, I would recommend that you look for another restaurant.

Reviewed May 13, 2015

I love Mexican food! But this is not Mexican food, or anything close to it. It is bland tex-mex food, with store bought ingredients. The fajitas were pre-made in the kitchen (because I assume French people don't know how to do them. I make better mexican food at my home in Paris.

The whole experience was just average. or below average.

The beer was good and the service very nice and friendly.

Reviewed April 27, 2015 via mobile

Terrible quality, we were looking for a Colombian restaurant and found this well rated Mexican Colombian restaurant...ordered a bandeja paisa and empanadas. La bandeja paisa wasn't at all close to the original Colombian dish, the chefs aren't familiar to this type of food...and the basmati rice was perfectly "Indian" in taste...wich is lovely with a curry!!!... Canned beans and a sausage that I didn't dare to taste, las empanadas were painfully drowning in oil...trully dissaponting.