“Wonderful experience”
Review of Restaurant H

Restaurant H
Reserve with
Restaurant H is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 18,020 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$37 - US$86
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Located close to Bastille - this restaurant is in a quiet street and despite its small size (approx 20 diners), the tables were nicely spaced and one wasn't forced to eavesdrop on your neighbouring table as most French restaurants are so tight. We made reservations way in advance and our table was a delightful window table. The restaurant is nicely decorated with interesting prints of half nude models on the walls - an interesting choice of what you look at while you eat! There are 3 different menus - 3 course, 5 course and full degustation at very reasonable prices. We opted for the 5 course (@ Euro 50 per head) and there was plenty to eat. The food was delicious - inventive, out of the box yet nothing so bizarre that you didn't know what you were eating. The chef obviously knows what he is doing and it was an experience waiting for each course to appear; knowing that each dish would hold some surprises. The wine list was acceptable & reasonably priced. We ordered our wine and a different year was brought to our table - we politely pointed this out and the waiter informed us that unfortunately the wine we ordered (2014) was out and they only had the 2015 vintage. He added that he would take Euro 5 off the bill and we gladly accepted. Unfortunately this wasn't reflected in our final bill and as the amount was not significant, we didn't query but decided that this little slip was not quite acceptable of a Michelin Starred restaurant and didn't leave a tip! Otherwise - all in all, a very nice experience and I would highly recommend as it is probably one of the most reasonably priced Michelin starred restaurants in Paris.

2  Thank scorpioshanghai

Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

We went to this place last time and every things is perfect.We love the food,staffs here and location.This is the second time to Paris and it is still beautiful.We love all things from French cultures.

Reviewed 15 November 2017

It can be hard to find Michelin quality food without very high prices in Paris. This restaurant is really highly recommended. There are a small amount of covers - perhaps 20 - and the atmosphere is very intimate. The service was very attentive without being over bearing. It is not cheap but is very good value. We had the 5 course "voyage itineraire" for €50 per head and it was pretty extensive with all the extra bits. What sets H apart is that the flavours and ingredients are really inventive without being over pretentious. Our meal including horse for a main and a beetroot pudding and the quality of preparation was outstanding in all courses.

1  Thank Clanmc
Reviewed 30 September 2017

I dined solo at Restaurant H in early January 2016. I chose it based on TA reviews and I was staying in an apartment in Marais.

It is a small restaurant and bookings are essential, I made my booking on line. I had the 5 course menu with matching wines with 3 cleansing courses. The food was spectacular and the presentation equally impressive. The service was attentive with attention to detail. I elected to have black truffle on the main beef dish and this was placed on the meal by the chef.

Thoroughly enjoyed the experience and would recommend to anyone who wanted to enjoy a special meal.

1  Thank apex_guy
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We had a wonderful meal at Restaurant H. We had the degustation. The setting is cosy and the perfect place to have a romantic dinner. There restaurant only seats about 20 people. We got matching wines which is my only let down of the menu. The pours were getting smaller and smaller as the night went on, it's not the only restaurant where I've been disappointed and I need to learn to pick my own wine. All the dishes were fantastic and I am so glad we came. We were even given a small tub of Blueberry Jam which was such a nice touch. Hubert Duchenne is an amazing chef.
One word of advise - make sure you book. We saw so many people turned away on the night.

2  Thank peteonholiday