“Incredible food and service”
Review of Chez Mimi

Chez Mimi
Ranked #2 of 435 Restaurants in Limoges
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2018

I have visited this restaurant a number of times, both for lunch and for dinner, without a doubt it is the restaurant I would go to in Limoges. The food is varied and imaginative, and I have never been disappointed in my choice. The restaurant is always fully booked, therefore make sure to book early as it is very popular, and at lunch time provides food of an extremely high standard for a really reasonable price. Despite the number of people, and the number of options for dinner, the two waitresses are incredible at taking the order and delivering the food and wine, and even more incredible is that every service is cooked and presented by one chef, the owner. Produce is fresh, and the specials menu changes daily depending on what is available at the local markets, so do not rely on the online menu's, and many more options are available on the day. One point is that the menu is in French, and the waitresses speak French, not English (as this is France), so if you are unable to translate a French menu, take a good food translating tool with you.

1  Thank julieannsims2018

Reviewed October 20, 2016

Excellent service, friendly atmosphere, interesting enterer.. My colleges and I just stop on a drink at afternoon and it was nice time.. quiet place where you can talk with your friends..

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on our way to Paris from Bordeaux. The little place was cozy, almost felt like home. The service was awesome; the owners put their best effort to make us feel good. The food was good, although not exceptional. But after a month out of home the presentation of the food and overall feeling of this place was certainly very welcomed. We recommend it!

Reviewed June 25, 2016

This is a small restaurant in a residential area of Limoges. It is easy to park nearby. We booked in advance and were seated in what we were told was the coolest part of the restaurant (it was ~32 degrees) but my husband's back was burning from the unshaded setting sun. The service was excellent, and although little English was spoken, they made every effort and so did we, and the waitresses were absolutely charming. We both had snails in a green peppercorn sauce in a puff pastry, which was tasty and plentiful. For mains, I had duck with cherries, which was very large and delicious. It was served with a choice of potatoes/starches, I chose dauphinoise, which were nice. My husband chose a steak in foie gras sauce with frites. He thought it was OK but wished he'd ordered the duck. They let us taste a couple of wines before deciding. Overall, we liked it, but would perhaps try somewhere else next time.

Reviewed March 23, 2016 via mobile

We came here for lunch. The menu de Jour was inexpensive and well cooked (the chocolate cake was particularly good) and the front of house staff were delightful. It was a Wednesday lunchtime in March and it was full, so book if you want to be sure of a table. A little off the beaten track, but only a five minute walk from the parking at Place Winston Churchill, and worth the effort.