“A Gem”
Review of Le Cantou

Le Cantou
Reserve with
Le Cantou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 2,072 Restaurants in Toulouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2017

We were just in Toulouse the night before our flight home to the States. As it was our last night of vacation we wanted to dine somewhere special but close to our hotel and this was the right place! A gorgeous restaurant, located in the most unusual place at the end of the runway! Entering the property through a gate you become surrounded by a garden oasis. A precursor to the lovely restaurant with a patio. You would never know that the airport was a stones throw away other than the occasional jet landing! The food was amazing, beautifully plated and served. The flavors were perfect, wine selection great. What a Gem we found!

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

This was my second visit to this restaurant and the experience has been great again. The food is just fantastic, the wine is excellent and the service is perfect.

Reviewed July 28, 2017

The 1st surprise is arriving to a beautiful garden and finding an exclusive yet cosy restaurant. The food looked superb and the tastes were quite creative, but the cassoulet was very average. The service was top of the top.
On the whole a very refined but pleasant restaurant

Reviewed June 23, 2017

We were interested in trying Le Cantou as it as it is described as a country manor house in the middle of the Toulouse Airport and Airbus complex. The write up could not be more descriptive as you drive into the parking area and are swallowed up by a beautiful green garden with a large ancient country manor home. The location is beautiful and other than the occasional airplane landing nearby, the ambiance was wonderful.

The staff was very attentive and were able to communicate with us in both English and French and they actually tried to help improve our French when we spoke with them.

The meal started with a very nice amuse bouchée, although my photo did not workout well. It was an Mousse de fois gras over a confiture du fraise.

For our entrees Jo Ann had the Grilled Scallops, Cream of zucchíní with garlíc, candied onions bell, sesame shortbread, fried chilli. For my entree I had the Grilled Quail Fillets, «focaccía», chorizo cream, roasted carrots, picked peppers and chocolate meat juices.
Both entrees were outstanding.

For our main plat Jo Ann had the Roasted Lamb, lentils with bacon, Smoked Burrata Cream, Green Beans wrapped with lardons, in a thyme juice. Her only “complaint” was that the meat was somewhat over cooked for our tastes so it seemed a little dry. For my main plat I had the Stewed Veal Shank (at a low temperature), mashed potatoes with garlic confit, fresh vegetables in a red wine sauce. This was a very tasty meal.

Our wine for the meal was a Demi bottle of Chateau Haut Gléon 2013. It was a nice afternoon wine although it was a little dry for Jo Ann.

Dessert consisted of Strawberry Parfait, homemade strawberry ice cream with a mélange of fresh berries, Chantilly cream and strawberry sorbet for Jo Ann. My dessert was the Dessert du jour, a very flavorful fresh dessert with fresh melons and strawberries, a Meringue and speculoos ice cream.

We followed this up with a wonderful expresso coffee, the restaurant offers four different brands ranging from a strong Brazilian expresso to a more mild lightly roasted coffee. We of course took the stronger flavored coffee.

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

I went with my sister and Brother in law who have been visiting the place quite frequently. I didnt really have to choose my dishes but whatever i had (and I had a lot) was great... this was my first taste of French food and based on the first sample i'd be back for more. The service was excellent and the time and patience they took to select wine of my choice is appreciated...
i dont know the names of dishes so cant help u there but I believe it was a set menu... so ask for it and they'll help u to choose perfect food for you.