“Disappointing”

Price range: US$31 - US$37
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant Cardailhac Cave of the seventeenth century In the city center of Toulouse, St Etienne in the neighborhood, Cardailhac team welcomes you in his restaurant that combines gastronomy traditional with creative cooking. A romantic atmosphere where you feel the desire to have fun ...
Reviewed July 12, 2017

After having read reviews we were looking forward to our visit to this restaurant. The place was almost empty, and we only saw one employee, who did everything from serving us to ringing up the bill, which we had to go upstairs to pay. The vaulted cellar space looked (and smelled) like it needed some freshening up. The food was average, and one diner had a piece of veal that was full of gristle. Perhaps in high season, and full of clients, it would be different, but I could not recommend this place based on our experience.

Reviewed July 8, 2016

Went there in June and had heard from a Toulousian friend that this was a place to try out. And yes it's lovely. Cuisine is 'French soul food' in my opinion. The love they put in the dishes... And the portions are big! I had the big beef with small diced potatoes. Simple, sophisticated, no fuss, just extremely well executed. Gat for lovers of French fine meat. For desert some gargantuan Profiterolles which me and my boyfriend shared, it was so good and I guess I gained about 3 kg in half an hour... My boyfriend had the classic cassoulet which was extremely rich and tasty. This is not the cheapest place in Toulouse but well worth the money. It's not expensive either, I have to add. Great wine list. The settings are cosy in a stony cellar and the staff is very kind and attentive. One of the best best restaurants in southern France and definitely the crown jewel of Toulouse. It's flawless. I rate it somewhere prize-wise between middle ranged and fine dining.

1  Thank Karin A
Reviewed June 1, 2016

A conference I was at rented out the basement rooms of this restaurant for a dinner during the conference. The rooms look amazing and create a really nice atmosphere. The food was very good (especially the duck breast and rice and dessert) though I didn't like the Foie gras.

Reviewed April 7, 2016

Really loved their food. The service was good. I will be back soon with my wife & childrens. Highly recommended

Reviewed August 10, 2015

This is a very cosy restaurant in a cellar with vaults. The service is impeccable and now to the food... Its a five star! Creative, tasty, well executed. At the same time it doesn't feel to pretentious. We had the risotto with the Maigret de canard and "cêpes", it was wonderful. We also tried their enourmous dessert Profiterolles- Also vey yummy if you could handle the big size portion.
The only thing that I have to complain about is that the size of the dishes were too huge, but I also feel that this is a quite silly complain too... In all: great Place, you will get what you pay for (it's not the cheapest resto in Town but well Worth the Money).