Hotel Castellane
US$132
  • Restaurant
Hotel des Arts(Toulouse)
US$99
Ibis Toulouse Gare Matabiau(Toulouse)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$111
ibis Styles
All reviewsaffordable hotelmin walkcentreeurometro
Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

Bye bye Toulouse. I had Been jn this hotel, for two weeks and I don't have anything negative to say. I really enjoy it. The room is very simple but is a comfortable room. The best thing I can go to any play by walk, is very close to the center of Toulouse. The breakfast is good and the personal are friendly.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed August 17, 2014

I have a low bar for French hotels. I long ago learned that traditional French hotel rooms are typically very small, uncomfortable, fussy and outdated. The twin room I stayed in at the Hotel Castellane was all these things, and less. My main complaint is that the room was dirty, actually dirty. The previous guest had smoked in the room and the room smelled of stale smoke. (It's a non-smoking room and hotel) Worse, there were ashes (and a used toothpick) on the bathroom floor and noticeable dirt under the beds. I didn't complain at first. But I did request that the cleaner sweep the next day, only to return to my room to find that it had been "cleaned" but that the floors were just as I'd left them.
Sweeping, and mopping bathrooms, is pretty basic cleaning practice. Besides making beds, changing towels and emptying garbage, cleaning floors is pretty much what cleaning a hotel room is, isn't it?! Guests walk around barefoot and in street shoes, possibly tracking in the doggy doo that France is infamous for. How a cleaner could neglect to clean floors even after a guest has pointed out that they're dirty amazes me, especially when the dirt is as obvious as cigarette ashes and toothpicks. For that I really have to give this place poor marks.
Potential guests should also know that rooms facing the street are very very noise at weekends as there are two clubs right below the windows.
There was no shower in my room, just a tub with a hose to sit-shower. Another thing I can't stand. Who sits to "shower" in this century? Especially in a tub that no doubt wasn't washed.
Otherwise, it's a pretty standard French 2-star in a good location.

Room Tip: Upper floor, facing inward if you're here on a weekend. Otherwise a room in another hotel would be your best bet.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Evan C
Reviewed August 3, 2014

The location of Hotel Castellane was excellent and reasonably quite (well, ... normally), despite arriving in time for the World Cup, France-Switzerland 5-2 win game - we joined the crowd outside as the bar across the street was airing the game live ... crazy madness with a magical ambience. A short 10 minute stroll to the Capitole and other landmarks. Our room was very basic and the bed was a bit small as was the bathroom - despite this, a comfortable stay. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. A great stay all in all.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We stayed in a family room, which was small and very basic with a modular type bathroom but it was clean and fine for a night. The hotel is in a good location, especially for restaurants. It is s also close to many of the tourist sights and around the corner from the airport bus stop. We were also lucky enough to come across a very helpful staff member that went out of his way to assist us.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

It's very close to the center of Toulouse. You can find a lot of rest and to walk around. The breakfast is good. I think this hotel
Is good if you are looking for
Something practice. Yo van enjoy with your family ... The personal is friendly. Everything is good and every-year I been in this hotel.

Stayed: July 2014