“Good value hotel with a warm welcome”
Review of Hotel Heliot

Hotel Heliot
Ranked #26 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This was the ideal place for a brief stay in Toulouse - good location, a good-sized, clean room and a very friendly and helpful owner. There is parking available for 12 euros a night, and the breakfast was good. Would happily stay again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LondonMazzy

Reviewed 27 September 2017

We stayed here two nights - it's in a great location near the metro station with lots of good restaurants close by. The owner is a very friendly and hospitable guy and always willing to help. Our room was lovely and big, very clean, good size bathroom too. Also on the plus side the bed was very comfy. Breakfast was OK, with a small range of produce but all good quality including delicious fresh croissant each morning. For a two star we found it a good quality and good value hotel. The owner was a great help on the day we left assisting us with booking a hire car and ordering a taxi for us. I would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We booked hotel Heliot, rue Heliot 3, Toulouse through Booking.com. It had a 9! When we arrived he gave us a room on the 3th floor , the window couldn't open and was so dirty, that one couldn't look through the window. It smelled terrible, because it never had fresh air. The room was smaller than on the website. We didn't accept the room and the receptionist was extremely rude and unpolite. He immediately told us we had to pay for the room.
He pulled the keys out of our hand!
What a horrible hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bear A
DEUXH, Propriétaire at Hotel Heliot, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

What is the height of the hotel? Get insult on the web by someone who has not slept in the hotel. Well, that's it.
Fortunately, the kindness and sincerity of the majority of our customers encourages us to continue this beautiful profession.
For the reception, I think that the mimicry is a quality, which coupled with empathy make our establishment a place where one feels good.
At the Hotel Heliot, lies and hatred have no place and I understand that I was right not to waste my time with you.
Good continuation.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

Shopping streets and restaurants etc are just round the corner.
I had a room on the 3rd floor, large bedroom and bathroom.
Airco , just what I needed , over 30 degrees outside.
Very nice person at the reception, very helpful and speaks good English.
Great idea, some people do not want to pay a large amount for breakfast, when a coffee and croissant is enough.
So thats available for just 3 Euros.
I can recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

It was an average hotel. Friendly staff and great location. Great price for the area. Walking distance from gare, downtown and subway. You have a cinema, a carrousel and great restaurants right across the street.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 July 2017

I spent two nights here and was very pleased with my stay. My room was very clean, with plenty of room for a double bed and space to move about. The bathroom was large and modern also with a large window, towel warmer and hair dryer.
It is close to the central old town on a quiet side street with dining and shopping in easy walking distance. Frederic, the owner, was very helpful and was always available to assist with information and arranging a cab for an ungodly 3:30 AM pick-up, which was right on time. The beautiful big cat who loved to lounge in the entry way, reminded me of my Sweetpea, and did me the honor of escorting me to my room the last evening and paid me a short visit. The cost and value is very reasonable, my suggestions for improvement is facial tissue in the bathroom and an extra lamp in the desk area, that side of the room is rather dark. I highly recommend the Heliot. There is "finger recognition" for hotel entry so you can feel safe about who enters the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 June 2017

Stayed here for 4 nights in June 2017. After hunting through all the hotels and very nearly hitting the Pay button on a hotel that was nearly twice the cost of this one I took a look at the Heliot. What a bargain this place turned out to be. The location for us was perfect, 10 minutes walk from the city centre and 10 minutes walk to the train station. The hotel was perfectly clean, quiet and comfortable. The owner (Frederick?) was a very friendly guy with good tips and helpful advice on Toulouse and the surrounding area. We always try to get out on the trains and visit the surrounding towns and the location to the station was perfect. Not too close as we've always found it gets grubbier the closer you get to the train station, just far enough away so the walk is easy.
I'd highly recommend this place, it deserves an extra star as IMHO it's an easy 3star. We only had the breakfast on the first day as we preferred to go into the city down by the river or we'd take an early train and ate at the station but the breakfast is simple but very acceptable.
Hotels we've found in cities in France can be way too pretentious and expensive for what they provide but the Heliot is in that bunch of hotels that provides all you really need and gives you very good value for money and is in a great location for exploring the city or exploring the surrounding area.
Highly recommended.