“Incredible customer service for out of town travelers”

Hotel Ours Blanc Centre
Ranked #67 of 130 Hotels in Toulouse
Reviewed 20 October 2014

I was in Toulouse on business and traveled from Park City Utah. Upon arrival I met Jessica at the front desk and thankfully she spoke very good english. She was able to point me in the right direction for something to eat, safe areas to walk around and points of interest. I was very tired after traveling for 24 hours and I was trying to stay up long enough to fall asleep in the evening in efforts to adjust my internal clock to the 8 hour time difference.

Upon my return to the hotel Saturday evening, I was exhausted and not interested in dinner just sleep. Jessica kindly told me that the restaurant across the street would make me a dinner and that eventhough they do not offer room service, that she would walk over and pick it up and deliver it to my room so that I could rest in my room and not have to sit at a restaurant. After my meal, she arranged to have the dessert that came with my meal prepared at that time so that when it was brought up to my room it would still be warm!

I have stayed at very nice hotels through my business travels. Some with more updated rooms and services than those offered at Hotel Ours Blanc Centre, but I have never received the kind of personal care from anyone like what I experienced during my stay from Jessica. She went above and beyond what is required of her job and I can't thank her enough. It made all the difference to me and I will continue to stay at this hotel because of it, as well as telling my colleagues to do the same. I hope you have the opportunity to meet Jessica and find out for yourself what a wonderful person she is. Any establishment would be lucky to have her on their team.

Room Tip: My room was on the main street below above a couple restaurants. If you don't want the noise fr...
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Kristine A
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ours Blanc Centre

Reviewed 7 October 2014

We stayed for 10 nights at this centrally located hotel opposite the wonderful food markets, surrounded by cafes and restaurants with delectable cuisine. The facilities were clean, well-maintained and the staff were always friendly and helpful. Jessica in particular with her good English skills was a valuable resource for information on what to see and how to get around. Our room was serviced daily and clean towels supplied. A continental breakfast was optional. Tariffs were moderate.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent location, nice hotel. The rooms and the bathrooms are small, but that's the French standard according to my experiences. It was a bit loud because of night life at late evening, and there were lots of noise early in the morning, as well, either due to construction works or normal waste collection vehicles. The football (soccer) World Cup didn't help either, locals and tourists were cheering their favourite teams on the street where large screens were installed. The staff are very helpful and friendly, they speak English very well. The breakfast is fine, nothing extra, though. Being close to public transport and the downtown, the hotel is a good choice for tourists, as well people on business travel. There are a lots of restaurants in the vicinity. Note that there are two other hotels with similar names very close-by.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed for one night with our 12month son to break up the drive from Provence to Bordeaux. We were looking for a central hotel that had plenty of options for dining at a reasonable price point. This hotel certainly delivered on those criteria. The room was basic and tiny once we put up the portacot and parked the push chair but was clean. The bathroom was large in comparison to many we stayed at and in comparison to the bedroom. It featured a generously sized bath which was wonderful for my son. The staff at the desk were very helpful and spoke excellent English. The hotel is located opposite the local farmers market which was great to pick up tasty treats for lunch but was a little noisy when the farmers set up in the morning. There is a city car parking building opposite the hotel to park your car, which we found safe and secure.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 October 2012

I've stayed a few times and think this hotel is a good option in a very good location in Toulouse. The staff are super friendly, especially a young woman with short brown hair who can help you with all kinds of city advice and is always offering you a coffee or tea in the lobby. The rooms are small, yes, but they are clean and really all you need for a comfortable stay. The best part is the location - you're right in the city, close to the great market at Les Halles (have lunch there) and popular restaurants like J'Go and Le Pyreenen (the latter is my fave). I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Terry W
Reviewed 17 October 2012

Tiny rooms but clean
No shower curtain so difficult not to soak the bathroom. (which needed updating)
Friendly staff
Noisy street outside at the weekend, kept me awake at times till 3am!
A friend got food poisoning at the expensive restaurant on the right as you exit the hotel.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Quatrès H, Front Office Manager at Hotel Ours Blanc Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Dear customer,

We appreciate your feed back and regret that you did not have a satisfactory stay we us.

Unfortunately we are not able to attach a shower curtain in the room you were staying in because of the layout of the bathroom and we apologise for the inconvenience this has caused you.
Our hotel is situated in the restaurant quarter of Toulouse and most restaurants have terraces, on warm evenings the area is lively with people dinning. However the hotel is equipped with double windows and air-conditioning.

We are sorry your friend got food poisoning, Toulouse is a gastronomic destination home to many classic French dishes and we recommend most of the restaurant around our hotel.

We are sorry you did not have a good stay with us but hope that if you may stay with us again we can provide you a better experience

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Location is excellent, just two minutes walk to the Place Wilson round about, and a couple of minutes more to the Capitol Square. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room i had was clean but very basic. There was barely any effort to furnish and decorate the rooms. The daily housekeeping did a good job to clean and tidy up my room. The only problem i had was the strange smell in the room, i believe it's from the carpet. Also mentioned by earlier reviewers, there was no shower curtains, so no matter how hard you try, wetting the toilet floor is inevitable. The sink is very small, it was very difficult brush teeth or washing face using such a small sink. Overall the excellent location and the good service from the staff still does not justify the price they charge for such a basic (and smelly) room. And i forgot to mention that the free Wifi was extremely slow.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business