“Fabulous”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely little restaurant this is, we were made to feel very welcome from the moment we walked in the door. Food was good, not exceptional, but certainly very good good for the price.
You won’t walk out of here hungry as the portions are of a very good size and we were offered up to three desert each from the desert trolley.
Only downside for us was my wife’s steak was a bit tough, but they knocked money off the bill for that without hesitation.
Overall, I would thoroughly recommend this restaurant

Reviewed March 16, 2018

Everything was good and the whole restaurant felt happy. Service excellent and great value. Jarret de Porc excellent. Lille seemed a little wanting on good restaurants and this was a pleasure to find. Great place and people

Reviewed February 26, 2018

The street isn't the best and as we got to the restaurant it was almost empty so contemplated going elsewhere - but so glad we did go in. The interior has a slightly eccentric look. Old French and some modern cheap low rent pop and movie paintings that rather spoilt the effect.
The menu is extensive - both meat and fish. The grill is a huge charcoal grill, fully visible, so everything was coming off the grill hot and fresh. I had turkey in a honey, oil and herb glaze. My colleague the mixed grill. Again excellent. Portion size about right and with good accompaniments.
The highlight was the desserts. On asking if I wanted dessert the waiter rapidly reappeared with a huge trolley with a fabulous range of fresh made tarts, pastries, ice creams, etc. Mouthwatering enough but the dessert allowed for 3 helpings! Really too much but of course it was rude to say no - so I forced myself! Delicious.
That and a fantastic freshly made 2 course meal plus bottle of house Bordeaux for 70 Euros. What is not to like?

1  Thank LeylandAtlantean
Reviewed February 24, 2018 via mobile

Came to Lille for the weekend , saw this place on Trip Advisor, number 4 restaurant in Lille. Didn’t fancy the look of the top 3 , and frankly this place was brilliant. Really nice , cozy interior, friendly staff that didn’t mind that our French was appalling (but appreciated that we tried) . Complementary bread , butter and pate arrived as soon as we sat down. We had the €43 3 course menu- lots to choose from. We had marrow bone and frois gras to start both very good. Creamed leeks in the side were outstanding. My main was pork filet mignon with the most sublime mushroom sauce and home made béarnaise sauce. My husband had the duck which was cooked to perfection and a huge portion. The chef was magnificent he cooked everything on this big , fiery, smoky grill in the room and served tables, took orders and chatted to people whilst getting everyone’s food cooked. The sweet trolley was epic - I thought I could choose one thing but the waitress said I could have 3 ! Chocolate mousse was so light & creamy. If you like French desserts you’ll be in heaven . The meal including 2 x bread baskets , 3 courses (incl 3 puddings each of you wanted), bottle of house white (and we finished that so she poured me another glass - not charged for) coffee/tea was €86. Phenomenal value in my opinion. Try this place but book first if you can , we turned up at 19:30 on the dot as we hadn’t booked and were fortunate to get a table.

1  Thank laridae65
Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

This place has a real family vibe to it. The food was amazing, with really decent portions, defiantly wont go without. And be prepared for the desert trolley to fill your boots. Overall was a great find and lives up to its other reviews.