Free cancellation until 28/07
US$159
US$154
Hotels.com
Hotel Le Fer a Cheval(Trouville-sur-Mer)
US$129
Hotel Les Embruns(Trouville-sur-Mer)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$153
  • Beachfront
Hotel de la Paix(Trouville-sur-Mer)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$91
Hotels.com
Hotel Les 2 Villas(Trouville-sur-Mer)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$136
US$132
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Restaurant Tokyo(Trouville-sur-Mer)
US$176
1,158 results
All reviewssea watermichelin starper dayjunior suitesalt watersun deckcar parkingsea viewbreakfast buffetdelicious seafoodbooking restaurantshigh floorisn't cheapattentive servicehotel is beautifulreception staffacross the river
Reviewed September 28, 2017

I travel the world and stay in many hotels, from 3 star up to 5 star, it depends on the location I am going too. I had business to do in Deauville so decided to stay here. First things first, I had a rented car and arrived just after 7pm. Don't bother using the hotel car park (€25 per day), parking is free on the road from 7pm - 9am. Travel past the entrance of the hotel and go around the corner and opposite the water there are many parking places.What I did was park my car opposite the other hotel there so it was in view of their reception and well lite and of course, Free.

On check-in I was warmly greeted and seated at the check-in desk. I was asked how my journey had been so far to the hotel and if I required any knowledge from them on the area, restaurant booking, spa booking etc. I was also offered assistance with my luggage but I chose to take my bag to my room myself. Speaking of rooms, I booked a standard room with a courtyard view but on check-in, the girl upgraded me to a deluxe room on the 4th floor (417) that had its own terrace overlooking the sea, it was amazing. The room had a bath and a separate shower, Bose speaker with Bluetooth, Nespresso machine, a safe, an iron and ironing board, a mini fridge with 2 free bottles of water, replenished every evening and morning which is just great. The bed, OMG, it's out of this world, so comfortable. The hotel is very quiet, no noise at night time, that makes such a difference. Would I stay here again, for sure. I loved this hotel, from the staff to the decor to my room, top class. Well done.

Room Tip: Room 417 was excellent, away from the lift and with its own balcony
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank noleybaby
Viciana_Emile, Directeur général at Cures Marines Trouville Hotel Thalasso & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2017

Dear noleybaby,
Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel on TripAdvisor.
It is always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoy their stay with us, the quality of our team members and our location.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon at the Cures Marines.
Sincerely, Emile Viciana - General Manager

Reviewed September 16, 2017

We were really looking forward to staying here. The hotel promised so much but in reality we were disappointed.

The positives:
Great location only minutes from the wide expanse of beach and local restaurants and shops.
Sympathetic design.
The bed was very comfortable.

The negatives:
Staff were very aloof - hardly any 'good morning, how are you?' when we came down to breakfast. I'm sure their faces would have cracked if they had smiled.
No help with luggage upon arrival.
Car park was extortionate at EUR 25/night (how can they charge this when rooms are so expensive anyway - this should be complementary for hotel guests). Had to park in public car park around the corner but needed to make sure we had change for the meter.
Breakfast quality was of Novotel (or even Ibis) standard. 'Hot' food was left going cold. Ordered freshly made scrambled eggs and they arrived (after about 20 minutes) barely warm.
Rooms were badly furnished. No desk only a wobbly table.
Bathroom very small - nowhere to put make-up, toiletries, etc.
The shower gel/shampoo was a big bottle on the wall - again like a Novotel. No individual bottles as befits a top quality hotel.
Strange hum in the room, resulting in poor sleep quality.
No international plugs - we're not all French, you know. Most 5 star hotels I have stayed in provide at least an adaptor or multi-plug sockets.
Some days tea/coffee/milks not replenished in the room.
Room service prices a joke. EUR 20 for a soup and EUR 8 for a cappucino!

Oh dear, so many negatives. I reviewed my original score from average to poor in reading my own review!

Needless to say, we won't be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Viciana_Emile, Directeur général at Cures Marines Trouville Hotel Thalasso & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2017

Dear Happytiler,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience following your recent stay here at the Cures Marines.
Please allow me to apologise for the various elements of your stay that lead to such disappointment. I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we strive to provide to our guests.
Your comments have been shared with the management teams involved and will be used to monitor and improve the service that we provide to our guests.
Regarding the quality of the products we served we are quite surprised by your disappointment because we propose for the breakfast fresh products and we work mostly with local producers. In the bathroom, we do have soap or shampoo dispenser from Gemology, specialist in cosmetics.
I do hope that we will have a future opportunity to welcome you back to Normandy and show you a real Cures Marines
Kind Regards, Emile Viciana - General Manager

Reviewed September 15, 2017

We stayed in this Hotel for 4 nights and we liked it. The Hotel is very well located next to the sea (sea view rooms available) and in the center next to the port. All the Restaurants are very close. Our Suite was very modern and big enough with a separate living room and a big balcony with sea view.
You have a private parking spot which is very expensive but with a friendly concierge service (just a few places are under a roof).
The room was clean except for a couple of stains on the wall. The reception team is friendly but not very motivated, for instance they didn't escort us to our room. We had the feeling, that not every employee was on the same standard. There are very friendly staff members though at the Bar and the Restaurant but also some who were less warm or welcoming. The breakfast Buffet offered a wide range of fresh products. The hotel restaurant is closed on Monday and Tuesday and was fully-booked the other day so we didn't get a chance to try it (you need to book a table long before).
The spa area was underground but stylish and well equipped (salt water). We were surprised, that our 2 years old child was allowed to access it.
Check Out was a bit disappointing: they did not ask if we had a good stay or if every thing was OK (we payed our room 2'000 Euro for 4 nights).
In general you can say it is a great hotel but not a real Sofitel (we visited 7 Sofitel in the last years) and we missed the 5* service. It is a good 4* Hotel for the price of a 5*.

Room Tip: 4th floor (5th floor only by stairs)
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Viciana_Emile, Directeur général at Cures Marines Trouville Hotel Thalasso & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2017

Dear Michi4123,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Cures Marines.
I am sorry that the hotel did not provide you an outstanding experience.
Please be assured that we took notes of your several comments.
We really hope you would give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future and to offer you the memorable experience you were expected.
Sincerely, Emile Viciana -General Manager

Reviewed September 11, 2017

Seaside ambience, romantic Normandy, delicious seafood and luxury week-end... This is what we expected out of the stay at the hotel. In reality the hotel is nice, but very far from the high-end resort (food, service, spa is Mercure or Novotel level). Good facilities for the standard town hotel but definitely not a professional spa experience. Expensive, touristic, promising but not delivering. Nice but... nothing special.

Room Tip: Majority of the room are very small. Take suite for the upscaled experience.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Viciana_Emile, Directeur général at Cures Marines Trouville Hotel Thalasso & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2017

Dear Fanya582,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Cures Marines.
I am sorry that the hotel did not provide you an outstanding experience.
Please be assured that we took notes of your several comments related to the SPA experience.
Sincerely, Emile Viciana -General Manager

Reviewed July 14, 2017

Beautiful property in the best location in town. Modern rooms with comfortable beds. Stunning architecture and design in the common areas. Typical Sofitel service. The only drawback to this property was the breakfast. Absolutely not reflective of the Sofitel brand.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Mira W
Viciana_Emile, Directeur général at Cures Marines Trouville Hotel Thalasso & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2017

Dear atmcc,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about the Cures Marines on Trip Advisor.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Best regards, Emile Viciana - General Manager