“A French Gem”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

Our 1st of 3 nights in Honfleur we had dinner at L'Absinthe. The set menu of 32 euros was absolutely delicious, really good value and great service. The passion fruit and mango soufflé was so good that we returned for dinner on our 2nd night too! Thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed May 18, 2016

Business diner but all guests around the Table chose a set menu, which was great experience.
Dishes are well presented, tasty , mix of traditionnal French cuisine and modern plate presentation.
Wine list is large and Sommelier was helpfull to make us decide on the wine selection.
Recommend a ST VERAN from Collovray & Terrier.

Reviewed April 11, 2016 via mobile

Alter an nice citywalk, during the wine tasting week-end, having a nice drink on the terras of l'absinthe (alias pub Ivanhoe)

Reviewed April 10, 2016

This restaurant is right on the water, close to a large car park. When we arrived for lunch, it was quite busy (always a good sign). The food was lovely. However, the entire experience was ruined by the waiter who kept us waiting FORTY-FIVE MINUTES for the dessert we ordered. The entire rest of the restaurant emptied out - he offered no explanation for the delay as he was busy setting up for dinner. We truly felt like we were given the oft-warned about, "rude to Americans" treatment, which I really resent, as we were very friendly and spoke as much French as we could. It is more a shame since it was the ONLY time in our 2 weeks in France that we were treated this way. (This review is late because I am only now organizing our photos into a book, and it brought back bad memories.) If you try this restaurant, I hope you are treated better than we were.

Reviewed March 31, 2016

Lovely table as I requested, with a view,beautiful linens etc.staff friendly and knowledgeable our .dinner was a fixed price menu at 33€ There are others.everything delicious , sea bream for me and rabbit for my husband for mains,my scallop velouté for starters was perfect.this is not a cheap restaurant like many of the others in the "bassin " area and I would advise booking.