“Cozy location in the center of town with very good food”
Review of Au Petit Mareyeur

Au Petit Mareyeur
Ranked #15 of 175 Restaurants in Honfleur
Price range: US$0 - US$66
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 26, 2017

Ate here on a bit of a fluke. The menu is a bit limited and it isn't cheap but the food was very good. While bouillabaisse is not really from southern France, Au Petit Mareyeur makes it the center piece of the menu. It was very good and certainly very full of seafood! My companion's choice was also good though I forget what she had! Service was very attentive and we had a very enjoyable if expensive meal.

Reviewed October 14, 2017

The food is wonderful and well presented. The restaurant is small and tables are close together so not much intimacy.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this restaurant on the Saturday evening 30th September. The visit began well, we were welcomed and taken to the pleasant upstairs restaurant. Not crowded here as some reviewers had described. The waitress appeared and failed to offer us a pre dinner drink, gave us the menu and told us about the bouillabaisse special, unsmiling. Oh well, we made our choices. Starters were lovely, gazpacho with garlic fried shrimp and calamari carbonara. Wine list expensive but it was going to be good so we chose a Sancerre for 45 euros, by no means the priciest. Mains arrived, Dave chose the turbot which added an extra 10 euros to the price of the 39 euro menu, I chose the red gurnard. Presentation was beautiful. Quality was very good. UNTIL...from the pretty flower on my dish, when I was a quarter way through it, a very active slug showed itself. I picked it up on my finger and tried to get the attention of the waitress who was at the next table. After waiting for her I gave up and summoned a young passing waiter. By this time I had put the slug on the table and he was, in slug terms, fairly zipping around. The waiter took away my meal and cutlery, leaving Dave to finish his half eaten turbot and also leaving the slug. He didn't say a word. Oh well, looks like I'll just be moving onto the cheese and dessert. A few minutes passed and I managed to get the attention of our waitress and pointed out the slug and its trails over our table. She scraped it away with a knife. Again no apology. The waiter returned and asked if I wanted to have anything else. Not wishing to eat on my own, as Dave had had to, I said no, but then he brought over a replacement meal, forgetting the cutlery...It was very nice but of course the evening had lost its edge by then. Cheese was ok and puddings nice.
At no point did we make any fuss. Why would we do that and spoil the evening for fellow diners and ourselves? Surely an establishment of this quality would behave in an appropriate manner with an issue like this?
The bill arrived. No adjustment on the pretty hefty price. No offer of a complimentary calvados or similar. Even more upsetting no apology whatsoever. We left €133 poorer and disappointed.
Rarely indeed that I would give a poor review but I felt this warranted it. 3 stars only because the food was very good, except for the wildlife, but service was quite astonishingly lacking.

Reviewed September 14, 2017

The food is good. The service is good if a bit clumsy. The tables are too close together and the atmosphere a bit stilted. The wine too expensive. The bill quite steep. It is not everyday dining.

Reviewed August 24, 2017

We had made a reservation for lunch and had the fixed price menu for 28 euros. There is an appetizer, choice of starter, main course, cheese plate, and dessert. The gazpacho of vegetables with chopped shrimp and garlic was an excellent starter. The main course of salmon tournedos was delicious with a wonderful sauce. Crumble "crousti" with white chocolate mouse and variety of fruit was a good choice for dessert.

Inventive presentation and delicious flavors make for a most enjoyable meal. It is a small restaurant and best to make reservations. julie.domin14@gmail.com