US$70
US$112
US$14
US$246
Agoda.com
All reviewsview of the oceanpure relaxationcountryside touramazing placeferry portwater pressureother hotelsthe ownertagbilaran airportwhite beachfishpeacesheetsboholresortfilipinokayak
Reviewed May 4, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 nights here for our time in Bohol to celebrate our 1st wedding anniversary. While the drive from the ferry port was a long one it was worth it for the escape from the hustle and bustle.

We had a lovely time, our room was huge and with lovely views of the ocean, trees and listening to the wildlife really made it relaxing.

We did the countryside tour to chocolate Hills, to see the tarshier, man made forest etc. which was an awesome experience in Bohol.

The staff were so kind and warm making our stay as pleasant as they could. The food onsite was great considering how far out in the countryside they are located. Well managed place, the only downfall is the wifi cuts in and out but that’s a good excuse to really have a retreat experience and stay off technology for a while!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kirsten O
Reviewed April 22, 2018 via mobile

Anda cove is a perfect place to relax and enjoy nature. The place is very serene, the rooms are clean and spacious, the staffs are friendly and accommodating and the food are palatable but are still very affordable. Try their pizza, it's perfect.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Anda Cove B, Owner at Anda Cove Beach Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Hello maam,

Good day ,TO GOD BE THE GLORY!!!
Thank you so much for the good review maam ,it means a lot to us.We are more motivated that you appreciate our service.
We are looking forward to serve you soon with your family.
May God pursue to bestow his blessings unto us.

Best Regards
Julie Ann M. Orlanda

Reviewed March 29, 2018

My girlfriend and I wanted a retreat for the first part of our stay and that’s exactly what we got.. now for the honesty part.. the television channels were awful the water pressure very weak and the internet non existent most of the time but saying all that I loved the place pleasant staff clean and beautiful the food was very nice apart from one occasion when 2 bites into the starters the mains arrived but it was all sorted.. it felt like we had the place to ourselves it was paradise and I was not going to let little issues spoil our stay and I would return without hesitation.. if you want to just go back to nature get out the rat race this is for you.. if not pass this by..

Room Tip: Every room is great
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Hi Sir Steve,

Good day,Thank you so much for giving us this very terrific review,We are also lucky to serve a guest like you and most of all both of you and your girlfriend are so approachable and your attitude were so amazing.Looking forward to serve you again soon!

Reviewed March 21, 2018

I gave them 1 star as I couldn't give less..From the moment we arrived it was just a case of what they could sell us. We stayed 5 nights and only ate there once. 1 hour to be served when they only had 8 customers..disgraceful ! Every morning a 45 minute wait from when we ordered to when it actually arrived. First night we ordered a bottle of wine...1200 pesos..in town the same bottle cost 200...thats a 600% mark up. Whilst Every restaurant or hôtel makes a 100 or 200% mark up which is normal 600 % is down right robbery...they should be ashamed ! On the last day we went down for breakfast...the hôtel owner came running up..to explain..All the other guests has left..so they were closed for a week for refurbishment..we were still there ! After 10 minutes I asked them to stop painting as the chemical smells were to strong...Oh, and the waitress served us breakfast in her pyjama ! The owner even has the cheek to say she would loose a lot of money by been closed for a week..but or would be great for future customers...evidently it didn't matter about us...we had already paid. There are much nicer places to stay in Anda...with truly nice people.If you really must stay here..get a car or scooter...just so you wont be at their prey..to empty your pockets !

Stayed: March 2018
andacove, Owner at Anda Cove Beach Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2018

Hello
We are very sorry for the inconvenience we caused you during your last day in the resort due to miscommunication. Yes our resort set to block 5 days for improvements and some renovations but our maintainance department forgot the instruction that they will start working once all the guest are checked out. We admit our failure Mam/sir. Im sorry..

But on the other part.

It tooK some time to get the facts of the money grabbing wine story but here they are . We are buying French wine from a reliable distributor at several times the quoted price of 200 php, because they guarantee quality. Fake French awines are available from Shandong, China for 200php or thereabout. We don’t buy those. They are are aperfectly good wines but not French! So money grabbing no. Fair prices, yes. .
Your inexperience in Asia may have fooled you!

Reviewed March 19, 2018 via mobile

Well I must say the whole place is really new and very clean. The rooms are big and comfortable...Yes there is a TV....but...95 % of the stations are Filipino...the few remaining are sports channels...so if you don't speak Filipino and your not mad about sport...forget it !
The little beach is pleasant..but...they don't clean it....Fact ...If am a smoker...so I found a small shell to put my cigerettes buts in...I left it on the table by the sun beds..it wasn't emptied in four days..
There new pool..is lovely...but..they have issues with the Ph balance...so I was a little concerned that the bleach would ruin my swim suite..and skin...
The restaurant is pleasant overlooking the pool and beach...and the breakfasts are really plentiful and good..if you are prepared to wait...minimum half an hour to be served after your order...O.K ..we are on holiday..:)
Concerning dinner..we only ate the first night...Because I didn't want to renew the experience...The 2 cocktails we ordered were over priced and watery..the meal we ordered was average...I ordered squid..imagine my disappointment when I saw a few frozen squid rings in sauce..
Wine is really overpriced ...2 times more expensive than in other hotel restaurants in Anda.
Spa...is pretty and new..but...is in fact..just massage rooms..When you want a massage ...they call an exterior person...so you need to book at least an hour before. The massage was really good..but at the end...when I tipped the lady (expecting to settle the bill at the end of my stay here by credit card)she explained that I should pay her directly...O.K..But...when I gave her a 100 pesos note..she told me she didn't have any change (the massage was 799 pesos)...so the massage cost me 15 euros...very...very expensive for the Philippines.
Finally the hotel is far from Anda and other hotels and restaurants...(except the East Coast White Sands opposite - which by the way has a great little restaurant, serving fresh herbs king prawns, fish and squid, that is barbecued...and was very reasonably priced both for food and excellent cocktails). So..it's nice here...But...if you don't want to be a sitting duck and get overcharged for all the extras you really need to rent a scooter or a car..Frankly you will be free and moreover if your staying a few days it will be more fun and certainly a lot cheaper...even taking into account the vehicle rental costs...

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
julie o, General Manager at Anda Cove Beach Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2018

Hello,

But on the other part.

Let us prevail reverence to each other please do not forget that we are entitled with our respective perception,we are not just dealing with business here we are trying to build good relationship with our guest.As my memory served me right I did not noticed that you were not happy nor satisfied with our service.As we were trying to asked you every now and then feed back about your stay so far. so that if any dilemma occur we fixed it before you leave. For 5 nights you were smilling every now and then,the only thing we noticed were you keep on eating outside we did not take it as a negative thing as it were there prerogative to eat and go wherever you want.