Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$107
Hotels.comUS$107
PricelineUS$107
TravelocityUS$107
eDreamsUS$102
CheapTicketsUS$107
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2020

I booked this hotel room just as the restrictions began in France in response to the Coronavirus outbreak and paid in advance for room and breakfast on a non-refundable basis, which I understood to mean that my payment would be kept if I cancelled. On the morning of my stay the Hotel phoned to say that I could not stay because the hotel was closing. When I asked for a refund it was refused. I posted out that I now had nowhere to stay and the hotel had taken my money - why could I not have a refund. The manager replied that he did not know if he could pay his staff so could not give me a refund. I was not impressed

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Kyriad.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Reviewed September 6, 2019

My wife booked this hotel because she thought it would be a step up from the Budget Ibis around the corner and it was about the same price. The critical thing from our perspective was secure parking which they offer at €10 per night although there is street parking nearby if you are not that worried. We stayed two nights.

It's a ~15min walk to the harbour area and a ~10min walk to the train/bus station from where the busses for Isle de Re start.

Hotel was fine. perfectly comfortable with decent aircon, coffee making facilities (you'll have to bring your own tea bags for a morning cuppa) and reasonable wifi. Comfortable bed, adequate shower. Decent sized room. Staff all pleasant and the front desk spoke good English.

Breakfast was a reasonable spread of the standard french breakfast stuff including ham and cheese. My particular favourite was the frozen yogurt machine.

If we visit La Rochelle again I'd be happy to stay here again. I suspect that, although convenient, the city centre hotels can get noisy and, if you are driving, they don't have parking.

Date of stay: August 2019
Kyriad-La-Rochelle, Manager at Kyriad La Rochelle Centre Ville, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Dear drc 225,

Thank you for spending a bit of your time answering this survey.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our hotel is 1 km away from the historical center of La Rochelle, which provides a quick access to it (15 minutes by walking) and also makes the hotel just far enough not to be disturbed by the Old Port's bustle.
For your convenience, we have entirely renewed our bedding in February 2018.
We hope to see you again soon.

The whole team of Kyriad La Rochelle Centre-Ville.

Reviewed July 12, 2019

The check in staff were very friendly and helpful, offering advice on the best area to find a restaurant.
There were only two things that could have been better. 1. I have a personal dislike of foam mattresses which create too much heat for me. 2. The coffee from the machine at breakfast was so/so! That said neither were insurmountable and we would stay here again for a stopover.

Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Kyriad.com - Louvre Hotels Group
Kyriad-La-Rochelle, Réceptionniste at Kyriad La Rochelle Centre Ville, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2019

Dear Threeleggeddog,
Thank you for taking a bit of your time to give us your feedback. We are sorry to read that you didn't enjoyed our mattresses, we remove all our mattress last year and we tried to take one that could be comfortable for everybody. We will told your advice about the coffee machine at our direction to see if we could change it.
We hope to see you another time in our hotel. The whole team of kyriad la rochelle city center.

Reviewed June 10, 2019

Stayed here for 3 nights recently, hotel is quiet, despite proximity to road and railway line. The parking on site was 10 Euros per day, but its secure and they only have limited space. The rooms are comfortable, clean and air conditioned, its approx 15 minute easy walk into La Rochelle.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kyriad-La-Rochelle, The all team of la Kyriad Rochelle Centre-Ville. at Kyriad La Rochelle Centre Ville, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Dear Sir,
thank you for taking the time to note our Hotel. Thank you for your good review on our rooms, the beds have been changed recently. Our cleaning team does everything to prepare a clean, comfortable room.
Our parking is small, this is why you can reserve the place in advance by phone or by email.
We hope to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

The hotel advertises that the rooms have tea and coffee making facilities. However, they only provide 2 small individual milk cartons per room per day! 4 coffee sachets, 2 tea bags and 2 huge sugar sachets. So, the freshments are really only applicable for those who like sweet strong black coffee. I just asked for extra milk and was refused:, as the cartons are free it is policy to only give 2 per day (so why do you get 4 coffee sachets?) . I know this seems petty, but having just come back from town - which is NOT in the centre ville - we both want a milky coffee, but can't have. Nonsense rules like this annoy me, I will not use Kyriad again.
Àlso, the shower head is still broken (see earlier review).
Shame, as the hotel is clean and comfortable and the staff, when not having to enforce silly milk rules, are pleasant and helpful.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Kyriad-La-Rochelle, The all team of la Kyriad Rochelle Centre-Ville. at Kyriad La Rochelle Centre Ville, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2019

Dear Gaynor413,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience in our hotel. We are sorry to hear the your stay in Kyriad didn’t match your expectation. It is true we have tea and coffee making facilities for free in the room and free tea bags in the hall as a welcoming gift. Unfortunatly due to an excessive demand of free milk and free coffee and tea, we had to create this policy. Kindly understand that those gifts are only for welcoming you in our hotel, not free refreshment for the all stay.
We appologies for the shower head, we invite you to contact us by email to give us the room number so we can fix the problem : larochelle@kyriad.fr
We hope you enjoyed La Rochelle city.