All reviews train station modern hotel old port secure underground parking super hotel oysters short walk helpful reception staff within easy walking distance base to explore good size quiet location ile de re tea and coffee making facilities the hotel car park stayed for two nights excellent hotel
Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Some neat design touches from fixed steel bedside tables to a very clever clothes rail maximised the use of space.
Clean hotel, with modern and interesting decor. The exposed air conditioning trunking and mood lighting add to the flavour.
Our room was roomy enough for a three night stay, but any longer and I'm sure we'd start to feel a little cramped.
Cannot fault the facilities.
We were welcomed by very helpful staff. Although their cocktail making prowess could be improved.
Location is better than we first thought, and although it's not in the authentic 'old port' it's just a 5 minute walk to the first row of cafés.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2018

My wife and I drove to La Rochelle on 04.10.18 and tried to book in this Hotel for a couple of nights - it was full on the first night as were many others in the area. There was an event or conference on in the area it seems, so we set off towards the Mercure Hotel that is located on the marina - we had stayed there about 15 years ago and we were not very keen on doing so again - however we managed to get a room there at a rather hefty price but I will post my review on their thread.

Now back to this Best Western Hotel, we booked in on the 5th October early, and we were able to leave our car there without charge until our check-in time, which was a bonus - the staff were first class.

We returned around two in the afternoon and were very pleased to open the door to a modern clean room. After a relaxing half hour we ventured out again and returned much later that night after a nice meal in the town. We slept in peace on a comfortable bed, after the usual shower etc, we ventured down to breakfast - it was first class - nice surroundings, a good selection of food and nicely presented. All in all fair value.

As others have said, it is well located, it is smart, clean and the staff are first class - all spoke perfect English - as we are the lazy ones that expect others to converse in English as our accents are terrible.

We would recommend this Hotel without question.

Room Tip: Higher Floors but the whole Hotel is peaceful.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2018

I strongly recommend this hotel. It is well located, very close to the train station, to the old port and to the aquarium. The staff is very nice and professional. The room is big, comfortable and the bathroom is well equipped. I also appreciated the room service.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2018 via mobile

Had a wonderful 3 night stay at this cute little back street hotel. Close enough for a short stroll to the port but far away from any noise.
First impression was that staff were exceptionally polite, accommodating and highly professional. Hotel room was good, with a comfy queen bed.
I particularly liked the cute little touches,such as jars of sweets on the tables in the hotel bar and a water dispenser with fruit in it near the reception.
If you like a good selection for breakfast then you will LOVE the Masqhotel. A delicious, most varied spread of culinary delights from oysters, right through to vanilla cheesecake and scrummy sausages, bacon, omelette and scrambled eggs somewhere in the middle. Plus a great selection of pure juices and smoothies. The list is endless!! And to top it off champagne! Or white wine even. Marvellous breakfast and such good value at 15 euros.
Well done to Oliver too who provided great bar service to us and was very helpful with the wine selection. The wine is served at the perfect temperature through a machine. Not too bad prices for a hotel.
I am awarding this hotel my first 5 star on TripAdvisor as I think it is highly deserved. I will be returning to this superb hotel. Good value for money, great staff and breakfast to die for. Thanks Great Western, please keep up the good work!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2018

This is a super hotel, located in a quiet back street just minutes flat walk along to the old town and harbour - smart, chic hotel - very professional staff - comfortable rooms even had English-style 3 pin electric wall plug sockets - the restaurant is supposed to be extremely good, but we ate out each night at the many nearby restaurants.
Secure underground parking is excellent, but space is limited, so I wouldn't want to be parking a big 4x4 down there, as spaces are tight !!
Highly recommended and certainly not over-expensive !

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple