1,042 results
All reviews new section modern wing rooftop pool older part plane trees old building beautiful building superior room the main street lovely hotel historic hotel separate toilet train station inner courtyard rooms are large within the walls excellent location
Reviewed September 29, 2018

The modern building has bathrooms the size of closets, and the toilet is the size of a broom cupboard. Only a skinny dwarf would be able to use the toilet.
I would never stay in this hell hole again.
The actual room is large with a load of wasted space that could allow for a decent sized bathroom and toilet.
The architect should never be allowed to design a hotel ever again. The hotel should sue the architect for malpractice

Room Tip: Don't stay there
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed September 29, 2018

Good location within easy walking distance of the train station and just off Republic, the main street leading right to the main square. Somehow, we got an unusual but premium room in the old section that was marvelous. There is a newer wing as well. English is spoken. Breakfast can or cannot be included in your rate. Be clear on that when making reservations. We'd definitely go there again.

Stayed: September 2018
Reviewed September 26, 2018

I've been staying in this hotel for 6 night; I left few items in our room and contacted the Hotel on the same day when found out about it. Called few times & got no resolution. We came back a week later to US and even thou those items very valuable and important to me; I just realized that they are lost forever. Al of the sadden 2/3 weeks later I've got email from Heather that the bag with my items been given to her. She was asking if I want them, so they can ship it & I'll pay. I gave my credit card info and ask to ship at lowest possible speed and cost. Somehow I was charged more than $45 for shipping, but I finally got those forgotten in the room item.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2018

I loved staying in this absolute gem of a hotel in the centre of Avignon.
Hidden just off the main street and only 10mins walk from the railway station, it was a great base.
Add to this the amazing building with lots of modern twists!!
My room was in the new extension, so super modern and so well fitted. The only problem was the shower fitting. This has been mentioned by other reviewers so I was expecting it. If you want a stand up shower without holding the shower head you will be sadly disappointed. It really is a very bizarre arrangement. But I didn't let it detract from my experience.
Breakfast was excellent - plentiful and fresh.
Being on the roof using the pool on my own could have been a bit weird, but I loved the tranquility.
I will be back on my next trip to Avignon.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Lesley L
Reviewed September 23, 2018

Stayed for three nights and surprised that check in was so late at 4pm. Location is good with only a short walk into the centre of Avignon and the building on one side of the courtyard is attractive. Room was spacious but decor basic. Rooftop sun terrace and small pool a bonus. As there was a group staying in the hotel the restaurant was not available to us during our stay which we ought to have been informed about before our arrival. The hotel is badly let down by its breakfast arrangements. The buffet breakfast is laid out in a confined space and guests need a tray on which to place food and drinks (no table service for drinks which must be obtained from machines) and this is a struggle when there are many guests around. Food is very average and the fresh fruit on offer resembled fruit which you would see at the market at the end of the day. Having obtained your breakfast finding a clean table was difficult. Only one girl around who was unable to clear tables so plates and mugs built up.
Check in and out was quick and efficient by friendly reception staff but the restaurant experience makes us reluctant to recommend the hotel for the price charged.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple