“A sublime introduction to Corsican cuisine”
Review of Mamma Corsica

Mamma Corsica
Ranked #56 of 684 Restaurants in Avignon
Price range: US$10 - US$11
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Pour grande occasion, repas d'affaire, pour les groupes, sur reservation, Terrasse exterieur haute saison, pour la famille, plats a emporter, BRUNCH MAISON tous les dimanches de 11 h 30 a 16 h 30 ... pensez a reserver !
Reviewed May 15, 2018

Having never experienced Corsican cuisine, I was very excited for what was in store for me. As a vegetarian, I was catered to with authentic vegetarian options in the menu. For starters, the crispy, fried brocciu was very good, with very fresh cheese.

For the main, I had the ravioli which was divine. Again, very fresh cheese and sauce not sure what sauce it was, but it was great.

Dessert was fiadone. Compared to the standards set by the first two courses, it was 'just' good - not spectacular but most definitely good quality.

I made it without reservations but I was there right at opening - 19:00. Advised to reserve.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,052)

Reviewed May 6, 2018 via mobile

Very nice place. Just few steps on foot behind Palais des Papes. Corsican food with large and selective choice of food and wines. The place is very nicely set and with character. The team running it does their best for you to have unique and truly experience.
The prices are very honest and so is the quantity and quality.
A very good place to retain and return.
Bon appétit !

Reviewed February 4, 2018

We got there tonight (Sunday) to find it dark and locked tight. Nothing on its Facebook page or website to tell us it was closed tonight. In fact, we chose to wait until Sunday because it was the only place we really wanted to eat that was (allegedly) open on Sunday

Reviewed December 28, 2017 via mobile

I ate here with my partner and toddler just before Christmas. The charcuterie is delicious and we tried a lovely Corsican wine. The lamb I had for main for wonderful- beautifully and simply cooked. A very warm welcome too! I would definitely go again

1  Thank kateward11
Reviewed September 25, 2017

We had a lovely dinner here last week - the food was delicious (we had a hamburger, beef carpaccio, vegetarian plate, and pasta) and the service was above and beyond. Our waitress was very good during the meal, attentive but not overbearing. She gets the highest praise and great thanks for chasing us down across Place Pie to return the purse that I had left hanging on my chair!

1  Thank kirsten_nola