“Enjoyed the steak.”
Review of Nacional

Nacional
Reserve with
Nacional is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #127 of 719 Restaurants in Antibes
Price range: US$12 - US$70
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2018

The restaurant specializes in Irish and US beef. The menu was a tad confusing as fillet is sold by the 100g. So the steak itself was around 30 euros. However, the steak itself was very good and the porto sauce divine! Service was very pleasant and the wine waitress very personable. It was a rainy night so the roof was closed and it became a little humid as the place filled up. Wine was a tad costly and you can only buy by the glass (8 euros for Minuty) or by the bottle. No carafes.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We went with 9 friends and family. We had a reservation and were seated immediately upon arrival. Waitstaff were very courteous and helpful. Dinner was about 2 hours (speedy for France). We had several different steaks and salmon. Everyone liked their meals, we would return.

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely diner with two families at this nice restaurant. Food was Outstanding and staff was really freindly. From the streetside it looks more like a hotel, but in the back they have a lovely patio garden area. Dishes they service are not particular French, but more European.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Myself, my wife and our 5 year old arrived at about 8’clock on a Sunday and were told it would be a half hour wait for a table. This turned out to be 45 mins and there were several empty tables that seemed to stay empty throughout our visit. When we were eventually sat down we waited 10 mins just to be given menus. And then had to ask 5 mins after that if we could get some drinks. They then forgot one. On an order of 3 drinks they forgot one. When we ordered the food it arrived promptly after about a ten minute wait. And let me tell you, the food was sensational. I have had a lot of steak in my time but the Australian ribeye was possibly the best steak I’ve ever had. It was enormous and perfectly cooked. My wife had a Rossini burger which she said was delicious and my son had fish and chips which he polished off very quickly indeed. We were then left with our plates sat in front of us for 15 mins and I eventually had to ask for the bill without the offer of desert being made but after having asked for the bill 3 times they actually just brought me a dinner menu? I was completely baffled. I then asked more sternly for the bill and the manager then appeared with the card machine asking what I thought of the meal. I told him straight that the food was excellent but the service by him and his 3 front of house staff was shocking to which he started to reply that they were very busy! They have 15 tables in total. 2 of those tables were empty the whole time we were there and they had 4 staff working front of house. The place is a shambles and I would not recommend it to anyone. For the shoddy service and lovely food I paid €130 and I was on the cusp of refusing to pay to be honest, something I’ve never done before. I would advise the chefs to find another restaurant or advise the owner to employ a whole new front of house. Terrible place.

Reviewed August 1, 2018

I had the grilled tuna tataki for starter and the grilled seabsss and risotto for main at nacional. The starter arrived after 1 hour and it was clear it had been on the counter for a while before it arrived at my table. Tasteless and cold and average at best. My main course arrived after 2 hours which is obviously a complete joke and the risotto was way overcooked and watery.

They were pretty unapologetic about the whole deal so all in all a huge dissapointment!

Date of visit: July 2018