All reviewsswimming poolnice hotelresidencekitchenettecereal
Reviewed August 1, 2018

I chose Zenitude Hotel Residences Le Maestria for a 3 day stay at the French Riviera with my partner, because I was looking for a Hotel with breakfast option, that had a gym and a swimming pool, close to the main cities to visit and at a good price. I was fooled by the nice pictures of the swimming pool and the description of "Hotel" in it's name. The place is up a small hill, not bad located because it is around 20 min. away from Cannes or Nice but if you do not have a car it is quite far from civilisation as we know it, because there is nothing around it, nothing at all! Not a restaurant, bar, shop or supermarket. Only at 2,9km there is a Shopping Center Carrefour, walking around 20 min.

Reception area is manned by young women that any request by guests seems like a big annoyance by the look in their faces, before me a guest asked them to lend him an iron, the face of the woman was as if she has just licked a lemon, when he also ventured to ask for the ironing board...she even rolled her eyes up!...afterwards he just run from there mortifed and wishing to be a non-ironed pot plant! By the way, reception is not open 24 hours, in fact it open at 7:00am and closes at 20:00pm.

We were next, first thing after ask me my name, the young woman asked me to pay the City Tax in French, told her to speak in English and asked her why we should pay it in advance as normally it's due at departure as it's a daily charge. Her English was very rudimentary and she was a bit angry and surprised by the question, so she just said that it was the Hotel's policy. She gave us the key and some indications to our room. The property compromised 4 buildings interconnected by open-air internal passages resembling a U shape, in the center there is a midium elongated swimming pool with wooden floor around it, an array of sunbeds and 1 beach umbrella. It is the highlight of the property, pity the operating timetable is so poor, as it opens from 9:00am to 8:00pm, with the humid and sofocating weather in the area and the family orientated style of the property should remain open at least till 10:00pm. There is also a gym with a few aerobic equipment, two benches for handling weights, loose weights and a multipower machine. Good enough for some exercise before hitting town. There is as well a laundry room with 2 washing machines and 2 dryers, very cheap prices with soap included, but of course don't ask reception for change because they will just tell you very rudely and with a look of contempt, of course, that they don't have.

The room was cool when we arrived as the air conditioner was on, the bed seems ok at first sight until you lie on it and rapidly change your mind...to discover that the mattress is thin as a beach lounger cushion and bigger than the base, causing if you are not careful, slidding down to the floor when you turn around on it. There is a kitchenette with a microwave and all the utensils necessary for making a light meal, very useful I must say. A very big bathroom with a nice shower and shower gel bottle stuck to the wall. A big flat TV set hung in the wall and a balcony with table and 2 chairs, also there is a clothes line, useful as well to dry swimming trunks after a splash in the pool.

Our room was the 211 in the Building C, the wiev was to the swimming pool, which was good although if you planned to be indoors or to have a siesta, you might think at one point that you are at a children's birthday party for all the noise generated.

Breakfast is from 7:00am till 10:30am, but if you can, don't take the option as you will pay 9,00€ per person and it is not worth it at all. Sad cereal, bread, ham and salami slices, small cheese portions, some industrial small pastries and a coffee machine and a juice machine, very poor and all manned by the ruddest woman which complained in French to us and to the reception young women that we did not take a tray and left the table with the plates on it, we tried to speak to her but she did not speak English, so only when the woman at reception translated we found out what was the problem, so next morning we obliged to the rule, although it was not stated anywhere.

As I said in my title, don't be fooled by the name of "Hotel" because it is not a hotel, they will not make your bed or change the rubbish, unless you stay 4 nights, in that case, they will do your bed and change the rubbish once until the next 4 days. This stablishment is a Residence focus on families, workers and students staying long term, pets included. They will look at you from their balconies while you have a swim and they have their breakfast, making you feel an intruder. Never again will I stay at this Zenitude "Hotel" Residence Le Maestria 3*

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krifissia
Reviewed July 23, 2018

Nice apartment, affordable price, beautiful country. Near grocery store (1.5 km). The beach is 15 minutes by car. The territory of the apartment is well maintained, there is an underground Parking. Large clean pool.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 5, 2018

There was a heater in the bathroom that was not properly attached to the wall. He fell to the ground and almost missed my foot. To avoid an accident, I decided to leave him on the ground. After looking at the invoice from my credit card, I was surprised at a discount of 50 euros. Upon questioning the property, I was informed that the reason was for having damaged the heater. Zenitude does not do the necessary maintenance on the equipment of the apartment and then charges the client. I do not recommend.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank EricaSPaiva
Reviewed July 1, 2018

Stayed with my family already a 3rd time. Really happy with the quality of service and friendliness of the staff. The apartments are always clean. All the equipment what is needed is there. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed June 21, 2018

Staff speaks little English but overall friendly. Room size ok with little kitchen just beside the bed. Kettle is dirty. Room is very dark with only two small lamp beside the bed. Bed is not very comfortable. We booked 2 rooms in total and after checked in, we were resting and someone knocked on both of our doors loudly. On the next day at about 9am, staff / cleaners enter our room with their own set of key WITHOUT KNOCKING!!! There is no safety lock. Check out time is 10am and staff came in before that, this is totally unacceptable. We do not feel safe and will not ever stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends