“nice enough but seems overrated for the price”
Review of La Tour Antique

La Tour Antique
Reserve with
La Tour Antique is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #26 of 711 Restaurants in Antibes
Price range: US$31 - US$47
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed June 24, 2018

I used to visit this restaurant years ago when it was Provençal food and it was always outstanding; since a change of owner few years back, it is now an Italian restaurant.

The interior settings are very pleasant, rustic and elegantly modern at the same time. It is a small dining area. The waiter is welcoming and efficient.

If you have one of the set meals, you can have a pasta main dish (€35 with starter and dessert) or else a meat/fish main dish (€39 with starter and dessert).

The 'à la carte' price of a pasta dish is €17 and €23 for a meat/fish.

I chose the pasta menu. I had a goats cheese starter which was fine but was actually less interesting than the menu description. Followed by a gnocchi dish which came in a tomato style sauce, and nothing much else. I was hoping for the price and restaurant rating, the gnocchi would be home made, but in fact they were just factory style mini-size gnocchi. It was nice enough but the dish became boring to eat half way through. My friend had some ravioli in blue cheese sauce; again, these seemed to be factory made.

Choc fondant dessert did seem to be home made and freshly cooked (with genuine molten centre rather than fake filling that you sometimes get), so I credit this. However, it was quite heavy to eat in the end.

I had a nice enough meal, but for the price and rating of the restaurant I was hoping for something more original and memorable.

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

Great hospitality and atmosphere, and the food was superb! Chèvre Chaud and Jambon de Parma appetizers were superb; risotto au Saffron and Filet de Bouef were equally good. Really enjoyed the cheese plate and Château Lancombe Mèdoc, as well. Overall great visit—we will be back every time we visit Antibes!

1  Thank J S
Reviewed May 29, 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere, cozy. Service was very good. Nice waiter. The food was tasteless. In this price range, I expected more from the chef.

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

We came across La Tour Antique on our first evening in Antibes and it looked so nice we decided to book for another evening.

We have just returned from a lovely evening. The restaurant is run by a husband and wife and from what we could see they do everything themselves. Husband is front of house and his wife does all the cooking. We could not fault anything about the evening. Excellent service and really delicious food. It is clear that the aim of this restaurant is to provide customers with excellent service and good quality food and they achieve just that.

Thank you for a lovely evening. We will most definitely be back.

Ps
To the person who wrote the very negative review about the risotto - you must have been at a different restaurant because it was absolutely delicious!!!

1  Thank Chrissie H
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation for my final night in
The South of France and I am so glad I chose this place! It is a quaint restaurant that gives you an intimate feeling. There is room for about 20 so make reservations. The husband host was so nice & personable and the chef wife made a great tasting menu. I will always come back to this restaurant if I am ever in Antibes!