“Great atmosphere, great value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Salon des Independants

Le Salon des Independants
Ranked #2 of 794 Restaurants in Cannes
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional restaurant with single menu all included! And yes! Wine also (half a bottle of wine per person) A home made terrine appetizer with a seasonal salad and sausages followed by an appetizer and shot of vodka! and main course to choose between a fish and 4 or 5 meat and finally dessert choices. without forgetting a musical performance every night!
London, United Kingdom
“Great atmosphere, great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

So much food, wine, champagne and even a shot of vodka all included in the price, singing, dancing and really attentive staff, great place, highly recommend.

• 3 of 5 bubbles

• Turkish first
Chicago
“Incredible!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2011

My wife and I recently visited Cannes for our honeymoon and Le Salon des Independants lived up to all of the hype from the other reviews.

In my opinion, part of the charm of this restaurant is the location. You have to walk up a series of narrow streets, which consists of dozens of cafe's and restaurants tucked into the walls. It is a nice break from the large resort atmosphere of Croisette Blvd.

We were greeted, by whom appeared to be one of the owners, and were presented with the prix fixe options. Immediately after we placed our order we were delivered an aperif, salad, foie gras and bottle of red wine. At this point, although the food was delicious, my wife and I were still unsure as to how this experience was going to live up to the rave reviews we read on TripAdvisor. That is when we were greeted with a shot of chilled vodka and a cute man playing the guitar. This is when the evening took a turn for the best and we were enchanted for the rest of the evening. Shortly after this man started playing the guitar, the man whom we thought was simply the owner joined in with the bongos and then started playing another guitar. They sang Spanish, Italian, and even Elvis! I don't want to give too many more details, as this is a place you need to experience for yourself.

Back to the food. Our second appetizer was a belgian biscuit with goat cheese red peppers and tomatoes, which was absolutely delicious. We ordered ribs and quail for the entrees.. I preferred the ribs over the quail, but both were very good. Last, but not least, we ordered the Lemon Meringue Pie and the Ice Cream dishes for our deserts. These were our two best deserts in five nights in Cannes. Amazing!!

Finally, our bill converted to approximately 115 USD, which is very reasonable for Cannes.

My wife and I both agree this was our favorite restaurant in Cannes and we encourage anyone to try it out. We will definitely frequent this restaurant again if we find ourselves in Cannes.

2 Thank Brandon M
Cannes, France
“excellent restaurant for both food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I brought my family here after it was recommended to me by a colleague. They weren't disappointed! From the moment we arrived the staff made us feel very welcome and were always available when we needed something. The atmosphere in the restaurant is also good, the evening we were there, two musicians played spanish/cuban music during the meal.
We had the set menu at 38 euros per person which was substantial and included a bottle of wine per two persons. There were two starters, the first was a pork terrine with salad and the second was barbequed tiger prawns on a skewer. There was a decent selection of dishes for the main course: duck, lamb, fish (and 2 others which I've forgotten). I chose the duck and found it to be perfectly cooked - rosé.
The desserts were a bit ordinary and would be similar to what would be found in any restaurant here in Cannes but again there was a good selection.
Overall everyone was very pleased with their meal and I was proud to show off a restaurant in Cannes with both good food and good service. Will definitely be back.

1 Thank TousLesDeux
Calgary, Canada
“Number one for a reason”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

Stop reading, just book a reservation for dinner here. Just do it. Trust me. If you really want to know more about this great experience then keep reading below.

We heard of this restaurant on tripadvisor, and after reading some reviews we decided to make reservations in advance anticipating it would be full. When we arrived, we were surprised to see the #1 restaurant in Cannes was completely empty (it was a Wednesday I guess). They only sat one other table the whole evening, but it still ended up being the best meal of our trip to Europe.

The menu is €38 per person and includes 2 starters, a main course, dessert and a glass of Champagne, a shot of frozen vodka, and a bottle of wine per 2 people. The friendly and engaging owner/server/musician, Mario, started bringing out the first course as soon as we sat down, along with the Champagne. It was a tureen of pate, french bread, gherkins, salami, and a salad. Everything was delicious and homemade and designed to share.

Then the second course came out, starting with some ice cold vodka (I think their secret for making everything so great is serving liberal amounts of alcohol). The second course was also great, which was some sort of crispy stuffed thing with balsamic reduction, and the best potatoes au gratin I've ever had.

The third course gives you the choice of a seasonal fresh fish, beef fillet, quails, duck breast, lamb shank, and a dish of the day. I had the quails, and they were wonderful. After our main course was served, Mario and another fellow stood near the back and played guitar and sang a variety of classic Spanish songs which really made the evening.

There were a few choices for dessert (mostly French classics) to cap off an excellent meal. Overall it was certainly worth the trip away from all of the tourist traps by the water.

• Visited June 2011
3 Thank C I
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Brilliant!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2011

We had a lovely dining experience and a lovely wine list to accompany the meal. The owner was really friendly and made us feel really welcomed. Towards the later part of the evening, there was live music which was wonderful.

Also, we were there the minute they open because we failed to make a reservation in advance and good thing we did because it was jammed-packed by the time we left! So make your reservations or come early and pray it isn't fully booked! Great food, great atmosphere! Must visit!

• Visited August 2011