“Nice location”
Review of Hotel Colette

Hotel Colette
Ranked #34 of 126 Hotels in Cannes
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Stayed here during the Cannes film festival. Rooms are small but clean. Very near the palais, shopping , grocery and restaurants. Located just across the train station. The guy at reception JeanClaude was very nice. He promised to reserve a room for me this year. Prices are expensive during the festival. This was the former Atlas hotel. When was was there it was under renovation to upgrade the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 January 2012

I am disabled and normally I look for accessible structures. I use sticks for walking.
This is a tiny hoitel, modern furniture, with a small elevator. No disabled rooms but one of them has a bigger shower.
They have surprising common areas and a very nice Breakfast in a special room with a veranda.
It's really close to the Croisette and the Train parking is nearby.
Cannes, moreover, is a very accessible town. The parking for handicapped peole are remarkable.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 6e_p
Reviewed 13 December 2011

I stayed here while visiting for ILTM in December. OK it's not luxury but it's good value and there are L'Occitane products in the bathroom. Linen etc. was very crisp and clean. Good sized bed. Free Wi-Fi (not like the luxury hotels in Cannes!). The staff were very friendly. Breakfast was a small buffet with tea and coffee, a few hot options. I was in room 106. Small desk, could have done with a chair that was a bit higher and a desk a bit deeper to fit my laptop better but overall very good. Enough room for clothes/luggage. Aircon if needed. Can also open window. Bathroom was small but big enough for a few days. OK bit rough round the edges granted but I liked it. I'd definitely stay there again next year.

2  Thank travjourno
Reviewed 9 December 2011

I'm just home from a 5 day stay in Cannes at Hotel Colette. As it was chosen by my colleague, I knew little about it before arriving other than she characterized it as "a boutique hotel". A fitting description, as from the lobby to each of the rooms, there was interesting and appealing artwork and too many little guest-oriented touches to count. We each had a single room with a double bed (possibly the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in anywhere), and while not large, perfectly appointed and laid out. The en suite baths had everything one might need, including excellent lighting around the mirror and sufficient storage for toiletries and make up. One of the best aspects was the breakfast, a buffet-stye spread in a bright, comfortable dining room. Although 12 euros at first seemed high, we quickly realized by eating a bit later, we could fill up and often go most of the day with little more than a late afternoon snack, allowing us to be perfectly ravenous each night for one amazing dinner after another in nearby restaurants. (You can walk just about anywhere from here.) Finally, the staff was wonderful. There is someone at he desk 24-7, most if not of whom speak French, English, as well as German, Spanish and Italian. Not a single complaint and highly recommended.

Room Tip: I saw 3 and all were lovely. It's a fairly quiet area, but then I always travel with earplugs...
1  Thank Lauren S
Reviewed 7 December 2011

located across central trainstation and only 3 blocks from Croisette and Palais des Festivals, next door to Galeries Lafayette.
I was in room 346 very bright, comforatable with great bedding.
Florian and Sandrine at front desk very helpful and efficient.
Only negatif point was that you could hear the neighbours opening their roomdoor

Room Tip: 346 large room with 3 windows
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I was in Cannes early last June and had a bit of a glitch on my with my travel plans and the hotel I was supposed to be staying in on my last night. Lucky for me I came across this little gem of a hotel right across from the train station. Normally I would not consider staying in a hotel near the train station as it is not the best area but I loved this little place. I was really upset and stressed out when I walked in to Hotel Colette and the sweetest hotel clerk took care of me. She was very kinda, spoke English, got me checked in to a little room I could afford and even checked on me the next day.
I had a very tiny room but I was so happy to be in a cute, clean and cozy room for a price I could afford. There is a very cool lounge area and breakfast room as well. It really was lovely and Cannes is such a small town that you can explore by foot easily so it didn't matter to me that I was a few blocks from the beach.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Hotel Colette is a pleasant hotel but with some little issues to improve..
We stayed here for 7 nights and while our stay e never had wi-fi dispite they advertise it as a free service to the guests. Our room was the 350 and had a very bad smell. Moreover on the first nights they didn't replaced the shampoo and gel shower, I had to request it on the reception.
Despite it, it's a pleasant hotel with good deco, well located in the center of Cannes and transportations at the door.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple