New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #63 of 129 Hotels in Cannes
Cannes, France
“never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

I really would not recommend this hotel, they charge you to change towels and clean the room. Its nowhere near a 4 star. The only thing it has going for it is location.
The staff are also very unhelpful and rude.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
9 Thank 574Sarah

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2007

If I won a free holiday here I would refuse it ... this was quite simply the worst place I have stayed ever .. I booked through Budget travel Ireland ... looked like a good location and being a 4 star should have been decent enough ... well it is in a good location in fairness .. literaly just behind the carlton hotel and has lovely gardens and a view of the sea from outside hotel ... but that is it .. reception reminded me of my local very very run down swimming pool .. like something from very old russia ... horrible staff so horrible I actually forgot their role ... but the part that I can never forgive them or budget travel for was the room ....

it was in the basement ... it was dark ... cold .... tiny single beds . . ( more like somethign you would see on a ship) up against the wall .. horrible old blankets ... it was literally disgusting ... balcony was lower than ground level .. never got any light .... I will never forget my disappointment as I was on holiday with my son and I really wanted it to be nice for him ... I felt like I had let him down ... I had got him so excited and then to be put in this horrible dungeon ... decor awful ... I cried for first few nights ...because of the type of holiday we were on we always came home about 9 o clock .. so wasn't as if I could just go out and just sleep there ... it was not even comfortable for reading ... for anything ... there was a TV but just French ...

Also it rained the first week .. all week so there was no comfort here at all ...no services I aware of ..

Also, had to pay extra for sheets ... towels .. and cleaning . please . !! ...

there is really good value in Cannes now so do not stay in this hell hole ...

Maybe some of the high rise rooms are better .. but just make sure you not in this waiting room for purgatory..

I CAN NEVER GET THOSE 2 WEEKS BACK .. AND NOW MY SON A BIT OLD TO HOLIDAY WITH ME ..

Just don't stay here ... don't have my regrets ...

By the way it is a good example of why never to go anywhere with travel agents .. they only get the worst rooms .. they really do not give a damn if you satisfied ... and Budget Travel should be ashamed of themselves ... everyone saves hard for a holiday after working hard all year and not one person should ever feel short changed or disappointed ...

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — Every Single Thing
  • Stayed August 2005, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank susanne24
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2006

My family , a family of three, have been coming to this residence hotleliere for the past six years. Yes, the appartments are basic, the furnishings a bit tired, the car park is small for our volvo, but the staff are charming, professional and can't be more helpful, the site is within minutes of the Croisette and the shopping centre.

We always book an appartment for six because we stay for a month and have a lot of luggage. The kitchenette is basic but if you have problems the staff can always help, and always do. It's people that make a stay worthwhile and the staff do, the rest of the clients also seem to have nothing but praise for this establishment.

There's a washing machine, advice on tap and tons of goodwill and much else.!

• Liked — The ambiance
  • Disliked — car park
  • Tips/Secrets — Get to know the Reception staff
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank pdeloriol
Elkins Park, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2006

I made my resa on the phone after looking at the Website, 4Star residence should be decent at least!...I never ask till 9days before I arrived if the hotel was Air-cindition, because in my mind ..4Str hotel should be! I called on 13 July at 21hr L/T Cannes and ask...they said it was not! I did want immediately to cancelled but at the reception they said they had 1 portable A/C and they will put it in my studio since as I explained to the man on the telephone that I had an "open heart" surgery in 2001 and I could not breeze without A/C. He told me call the 17 July to reiterate my request and it will be there when I check-in....I called they said it was in the "dossier". (During my conversation since I did want to xxld at on the 13 July due to the accomodation I specified that in www>Hotellcoators--- -Residial Property Information under Cancellation Policy - Free cancellation up to 3 days prior to arrival!) they told me that I was loosing 50% and it was not true!

Needless to go any further, we arrive the A/C was not in the room #107 we had to ask 3 times .... finally at 20h30 the fellow
arrived with an A/C that you could not put more than #3 which meant "Fun" consequently ....I ould not sleep all night coughfing
because of the dust in the room which was not very clean.....
we don't speak about the corridor with big spot all over the carpet
....plus they have big sign on the window to the balcony "keep your windows closed at night if you do not want undesirable visitors!.... I think for a 4 Star Residence it is very reassuring!...

I had to leave the next day and move to an Hotel with A/C....I had an Air France tkt to leave Nice on 29 july and could not change it!

I pay 749Euros ....for one night I coud have been at the Carlton and get a better service. Because I ask at the desk since theyhave a service hotelier to convert and even charge me 2 or 3 nights if they wish but not to loose everything! they said it was impossible. I worked for Air France for 34 years and never encounter a such unpleasant experience and I certainly deserve to be reimbursed at least half of my money!

C'est du vol manifeste! Je suis allee me plaindre au Syndicat d'Initiative de Cannes afin de leur faire connaitre de la facon dont vous traite vos clients!

Stayed July 2006
3 Thank FANNY1
ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2005

My husband & i stayed in these apts for two weeks in Aug/Sept 05. The best part about these apts is the location, it is just so close to everything. We stayed in a studio apt which is very small with a pull out bed (seperate beds) so for that reason alone i would advise you if you wish to have a double bed/more space to rent a one bedroom apt. Bathroom was ok, small, compact but good shower. You have to rent bed linen for something like €18 per person per week (double check this in advance of booking) so if you have space in your luggage bring your own. Also you can pay for cleaning at the end of your stay but we just did our own and saved some euros that way. There are a few supermarkets nearby which is handy. Reception are very helpful and have a few books to lend in the event of bad weather!! Tvs in all rooms. I think the hotel now has WIFI which is handy if you have a laptop with you. Pool is nice & private but sun does not get there until approx 11am each day. However you are only approx one min walk from the beach so that is no problem. I guess you get what you pay for here. Hope this helps someone!

Stayed September 2005
3 Thank calgal818
U.K.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2004

We have stayed at Resideal 6 times in a double expo 1 bed apt. These take 6 people but would advise only 4 adults. They are large, clean and a nice balcony overlooks an excellent pool. With only 5mins walk to the beach same to the shops you couldn't find a better location for self catering in Cannes at these prices. We use these apartments for 2 of us and is brilliant.

• Stayed September 2004
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank NannyP
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2004

The exterior of the Resideal was not a true reflection of what our apartment was going to be like. It had beautiful gardens, modern and well kept lobby, it seemed a true 4* complex. When we exited the elevator, we were very shocked. The corridor was dark and looked like it hadn't been decorated since the 70's. Our room wasn't any better. We had a studio apartment which was tiny! There were numerous squashed mosquitoes on the wall, the decor was awful, some of the kitchen appliances didn't work and we had fold out camp beds which weren't comfortable at all. I thought at least we would have had a proper bed! The place was just totally run down! In Ireland, 4* is something not far off luxury. I would definately rate the Resideal 2* accomodation. The only consolation was that there was plenty to do in Cannes which kept us out of our apartment.

• Stayed July 2004