“It's an average rating for me”

Hotel Villa Victoria
Ranked #10 of 204 Hotels in Nice
London, United Kingdom
“It's an average rating for me”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 April 2012

I just didn't like the hotel for these reasons:
1) plastic curtain in the shower
2) Very small room with city view which practically mean city noise (the street in front has got intense traffic!)
3) wireless is free, yes, pity you have to get a password for every device and it expires every hour so you have to put in name and pwd again and again.
4) Basically no minibar.

So yeah, you got me, I spent the whole day in the hotel, unfortunately it was raining and it was just stupid to go outside. Maybe if i had had something to do I would have used the room just to sleep and it would have been fine. Average fine.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Gabriele G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and couldnt have been happier. The room was clean, spacious and well furnished. The location was great that despite travelling with two little children, we managed to visit the promenade and beaches several times (few minutes walk) and also travel to nearby places (monaco, sandy beach at villefranche) etc as the hotel was close to public tranport. The staff at the reception was very friendly ( was glad to help us when we wanted to microwave some baby food late in the night). They also had a guide to public transport at their desk which is handy for the tourists. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Invercargill, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

This is a brilliant hotel. Once again we booked a long way out to get the best deal we could and it is costing us a lot less than the room tariff at present. We arrived very early from Vienna at 9:00am and were given the option of looking at a room that was already made up over looking the courtyard. It was perfect. The room was beautiful with large double opening doors and shutter windows. The breakfasts were nice. Decent continental breakfast with lots of variety. The hotel staff are lovely and very helpful. They speak English which made things easier for us. I would definitely stay here again. You are only about 10 minutes walk from the beach front and there is a major supermarket nearby. The restaurants in the immediate area rate favorably on Trip Advisor if you want to avoid the mayhem of the beach front area.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the courtyard are nice (excuse the pun).
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CraigandTania
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

This place met all of our needs and did not cost a fortune. Breakfasts were plentiful.
The location was great with just a short five minutes to the shops and restaurants.
The hotel looked typically what I thought a hotel in Nice would look- shutters and balconys. The garden was a lovely place to eat breakfast. I would love to return.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Theonlileonie
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2012

Hotel Villa Victoria was our base for exploring Nice while on honeymoon. The hotel is good value for money and is very well located, being close to most attractions but not in the busy, noisy main tourist area.

The rooms were comfortable and clean. The aircon worked well.

Tip: Get breakfast at one of the French bakeries nearby, it is a cheap, tasty alternative to the hotel's breakfast.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the courtyard garden above the ground floor
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Footloose76
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2011

Situated on a tree lined street, this quant, French hotel is a real find, a short walk from the centre of Nice and one street back from the beach, excellent venue for a hen party, safe, comfortable and staff looked after us excellently getting us champagne, drinks and food in the middle of the night. Bread Ham and Laughing cow but who where we to complain at 1pm!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with friends
Miami
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2011

I stayed at Villa Victoria in late October, and it was a great experience. A little background, I originally booked only one night and I was travelling in from Italy. Long story short, there was a train strike in Italy, I made last minute arrangements to travel back to Nice earlier to avoid the strike, and booked an additional night at Villa Victoria. When I reached the Italian/French border at 11pm, the last train to Nice had been cancelled, so I was a "no show" for one night. When I did arrive the following day, I explained the situation, and the reception staff could not have been more accomodating, ulitmately not charging me for the no-show night. I REALLY appreciated their flexibility, as I still had to pay for the night in Italy where I left early, and for a hotel at the border where I was stranded because the last train of the night was cancelled. A huge thank you to the staff for their kindness. That said, I really enjoyed the hotel. The fact that it had an elevator (one of the hotels rated fairly high on this site that I chose did not), was a great touch, as were the details, such as the Villeroy and Boch sink and toilet. I really enjoyed the combination of charm with modern amenities. I had a city facing room, and initially had some concerns about the traffic noise from Blvd Victor Hugo, but the room had a central fan that I used for white noise, and I slept great. I found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating, and the location to be absolutely convenient for the city. I did not eat at the hotel for breakfast, so I can't really comment on that. I did use the laptop they have in the lobby with free wifi access, again a nice touch. Thanks again Villa Victoria staff, if I ever come back to Nice, this is absolutely where I would choose to stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo