I had to stop in Nice for a weekend between work travel, so I was looking for a hotel in the center of the city near the beach. Unfortunately I was not able to get a room with a view of the water - none were available, but my room did have a large floor to ceiling window looking out into the narrow side street, which opened into a tiny balcony - enough to let the fresh air in and see the town (which was pleasant enough). The room was very nice, although the bathroom seemed a little bare for its size. I was disappointed that there was no room service - when traveling alone I don't always feel like sitting by myself in a restaurant. And the restaurant next door in the Casino did not seem an inviting option either. Thankfully, there were a few delis nearby, which was an ok option for the basics. The location was very good - one step away from the Promenade des Anglais on the shore of the Mediterranean, one block away from a street full of food choices and a few minutes’ walk to the historic town center, weekend market (my favorite), shipping, etc. I would come back to the Mercure, especially with a travel companion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Facing the sea, at n°1 on the Promenade des Anglais,the hotel is located above the famous Ruhl Casino. In thevery heart of the city, you will enjoy Massena pedestriandistrict as well as the typical Old Nice. As far as practicalmatters are concerned, a car park with direct access islocated below the hotel (fee-paying service). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity.ca and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Nice Promenade des Anglais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Nice Promenade Des Anglais Hotel Nice
- Mercure Nice Promenade Hotel Des Anglais
- Accor Nice Promenade Des Anglais
- Mercure Hotel Nice