1,328 results
All reviews rooftop pool train station sky lounge ironing room old town privilege room paper cups avenue jean sun deck nespresso machine terrace room shopping street central location excellent location mini fridge stayed here for a week minute walk
Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for our 6th time this week and once again we had a cracking stay, the weather was perfect and certainly can fault being on the roof during these times, didn’t have breakfast as we enjoyed eating out, but highly recommend this place

Stayed: September 2018
Bernard S, General Manager at Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2018

Thanks a lot for your really kind comments regarding your stay at Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame !
We all hope we will welcome you soon again for a 7th stay !!

Reviewed September 17, 2018

Just back from a week here, probably more suitable for business. 15 minute walk to promenade, 5 mins to main train station so good location. Pool area very small indeed but stunning views. Dreadful breakfasts but loads of fab places to eat close by, rooms and room service lovely, no shower rooms if you have a late check out. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Bernard S, General Manager at Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2018

Thanks a lot for your kind comments regarding your stay at Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame.
Regarding breafast, your feedback is very important to us.
Be assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.
We hope we will welcome you soone agains in Nice.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay at the Mercure, the staff were friendly and helpful and kindly recommended “Di Piu” a pizzeria near the old town for dinner on our first night which was delicious.

The room was clean and tidy with hair dryer and order amenities- the only thing we found a little frustrating was the lack of quality toiletries- it’s a small soap bar and a hair and body wash dispenser attached to the wall instead. We also didn’t find the hairdryer too powerful. And there is no iron or ironing board. So perhaps not an ideal business hotel.

That said, the pool is great and the bar staff at the Skybar were very welcoming and the drinks were reasonably priced.

I would recommend bringing your own toiletries but other than that a great stay! Thanks to the receptionists for being so helpful.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Bernard S, General Manager at Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2018

Thank you for your kind comment regarding your stay at Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame.
I will share them with my team and we hope we will welcome you soon again !
Fyi, an iron room is at our guests disposal on 2nd floor of our main buiding.

Reviewed September 10, 2018

Hotel looked nice but at 5.30pm we were told our room was not ready when the standard check in time is 2pm! Although we got our keys within 10 minutes.
Then, during our stay, the air conditioning was not good. It got so hot during the night that we couldn't sleep well. We complained. They said technician can only come the next day. Fine. Another difficult night. Then the next day we went sightseeing hoping when we come back they would have fixed the AC. But they hadn't so we called again and they said the next day a technician will come. Nothing happened. In the end, we gave up as we only had a couple more nights left.
Rooms are decent, although drawers and shelves are insufficient. They do not provide toiletries like moisturisers, shower cap etc. Only body and hair shower gel. No bathtubs.

The best part of the hotel is their rooftop swimming pool and jacuzzi and its central location. It's location was honestly the reason I booked it.

Considering the amount paid for each night, found it slightly overpriced and I expected more as it is part of the Mercure chain of hotels and I've stayed at one before in Spain.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Bernard S, General Manager at Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Hôtel Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame. I am sorry that your experience did not totally meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Your feedback is very important to us.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

The hotel is very well located, great accommodation, a good breakfast, great bar on the terrace, excellent service, but the service at my check in was horrible. I arrived at the hotel at 10 am, I was flow from Barcelona to Nice, ​​and any moment I asked to check in at that time, the staff told me that the room was ready at 14:00 pm. I told the woman that I had already checked in online, as e mail sent by the Accor hotels, and told her that I had informed I would arrive before noon, but I did not ask to check in before, but for my surprise she told me that the check in online is useless. So I asked them why they forwarded the form by email and no one answered my question. I am still waiting for an official Accor Network position to check in online, since no one from the hotel wrote back to me. I noticed the total lack of knowledge of the employee by customers who have Accor loyalty card (in my case I am Platinun), because I understand that she should at least call the responsible sector and confirm at the time the room would be ready, but she did not anything. She did not even have the education to ask me if I wanted to change clothes or go to the bathroom, she really ignored me. It was high season but by the time I got to the hotel the hobby was empty. The managers have apologized to me, and I even acknowledge that it may be a point off the curve, but that should need to be informed. And I continue waiting for an official written position from the hotel or the Accor Network about online check-in, whether I continue to do it or not? i should give the maximum evaluation to this hotel but because of the check in my evaluation is a horrible hotel. Check in is the first place that the customer makes contact with the hotel so the choice of people to work with is very importance.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Bernard S, General Manager at Mercure Nice Centre Notre Dame, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

I am coming back to you according to your stay at Mercure Nice centre Notre Dame.
Please be sure we are all working every day and night to satisfy our guests.
We are very sorry that your early arrival did not allow us to give you a room immediatly in spite of your express check in as we were fully booked. The express check in is nevertheless very important as it usually allows you to avoid a waste of time upon arrival but it unfortunately does not guarantee to get your room before check in usual time if the hotel was fully booked the day before and this was the case.
I hope we will have the great pleasure to welcome you again next year to prove you this incident is exceptionnal !
Accept once again my sincere apologize