Hotel Solara
US$358
US$228
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$256/night.

US$474
US$190
US$174
Priceline
  • Pool
All reviewsde francefourth floorapartment buildingthe busold towntiny elevatorrooms are smallstar hotelyour doorstepair conditioningbars and restaurantscentral locationsolanathierrybalconyluggagefridge
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

This place was awesome as far as location! It is 5 min to beach also close to bus stop to/from airport. 10min walk to train station. There are tons of restaurants right at your doorstep. It's very good for a 2 star hotel although this is a no frills hotel, it was very clean and comfortable. Staff Thierry and Jonathan was helpful every time I had questions.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

The Solara has a very central location on the pedestrianised part of the Rue de France and is surrounded by many bars and restaurants, which has its positives and negatives.
This is a two star hotel so do not expect luxuries but it is clean and the staff are friendly and helpful.
The rooms are on two sides of the hotel - those overlooking the Rue de France at the front of the hotel and those at the back of the hotel.
The ones at the front merit one or two stars as they are above a very noisy late night bar with loud music and even louder customers. Your chances of sleep are zero.
The rooms at the back, especially those with a terrace, are fantastic and merit at least four stars. Having your own terrace looking over the rooftops of Nice drinking Rose which you can chill in the fridge in your room is just fab!
If you can get a room at the back stay here, if not I would look elsewhere.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2017

Our 4th visit to Solara started out with a bang- on the way to the hotel I left my bag on the bus. Asa result, I was very upset when we arrived- cash, passports, camera all gone. But Jonathan was gracious and kind and my bag was returned to me because of his quick action and diligence with the bus service. He and his father Thierry are kind and very helpful and I am so grateful.

We stayed in the quad room with our kids this time and it was terrific. The views are stellar, the kids and we each had our own room connected by a small bathroom/hall at night and the place was still so quiet for how busy Rue De France is.

The stairs were a bit much for our daughter, but she would hop on the elevator and the rest of us considered it cardio. ;) They provide kettle, fridge, coffee cups etc and were helpful with anything we needed like ticket printing.

We looked at Air BnB and other places, but I love supporting these gracious business owners. The location is stellar and just can't be beat.Thank you from Canada, Thierry and Jonathan. We hope to return again and again.

Room Tip: South side is quieter...terrace is a lovely option if you want to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank zachris
Reviewed April 5, 2017 via mobile

Might be a cheap place to stay but.... be aware that you'll end up in a room with a (very) dirty carpet, a tiny bed and very noisy (it feels like you are in the street).
Only positive point : the bathroom which has been fully refurbished.
This place definitely needs a strong refresh.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Gdfrommarseille
Reviewed February 11, 2017

Never write reviews, but this time is a must. This small charming hotel is an excellent choice for those who would like to spend a couple of days in Nice and align beach relax with going out.

Main plus points are
- location is to die for - very central, beach 5 min, in 20 minutes you are almost everywhere in the Old Town
- rooms have a balcony - great view and your "personal open air lounge" to have a glass of Rose after a day on the beach
- everything very clean and tidy
- air conditioning
- breakfast for a very reasonable price is being brought to your room every morning - a nice touch of exclusivity being in a 2 star hotel!
- the owner and reception are extremely helpful and nice
- English speaking :)
- many nice restaurants and bars just down in the street

I had a small problem with my reservation on booking.com, but we were able to sort it out via e-mail.

Visiting Nice nit for the first time, but I guess this is the best place so far I have seen! I would definetely recommend it to single traveller and couples. May be not very good for families with children due to the room size.

To sum it up I wish Thierry all the best and good luck for his business which he is handling very well!

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple