“Excellent Duck and Fish dishes ”
Review of L'Octopussy

L'Octopussy
Reserve with
L'Octopussy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 2,140 Restaurants in Nice
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

The head waiter was very warm friendly and welcoming. His staff while efficient were less than charming although I suspect this was at least partly to do with our poor French language. The food was delicious Steak, Duck, Salmon and Sea bass all delicious. Potatoes served were delicious, but the vegetables were over cooked and bland. However this restaurant deserves a good recommendation.

Reviewed March 28, 2018

My wife and I left this restaurant until our last night in Nice as it is slightly pricey but had good reviews. The waiter was very friendly and made us feel welcome, however quite forgetful as only remembering to ask if we wanted bread halfway through the meal and forgetting a finger wipe for my wife likewise. I had the duck and wanted it done medium but it was served overcooked and burnt and the mange tout was burnt. My wife's risotto was creamy, but only because it was laced with cream - not as a risotto. However the sweet was delicious. It maybe that it was early on a Friday night and busy for the failings, but room for improvement.

1  Thank pjholleyfield
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We had a lovely meal here, it was just around the corner from our hotel but we waited until the last night because it was pricy.

The ambience was excellent, we would have liked to eat outside but Nice was a little chillier than we had hoped when we booked it.

The food was excellent, I started with an artichoke salad, my wife had smoked salmon served with blinis and caviar. My wife had prawn risotto for main which she really enjoyed although she had to leave some after a very generous starter and another generous portion.

I had a steak which was overdone, however I refuse to blame the restaurant for this. I would normally order medium rare in England but I have found the French cook rarer than we would. I tried to explain I would like it a little rarer than medium but my French is too poor and my failure to explain how well done I want my meat shouldn’t reflect on the review score. Particularly as it was edible although a little dry. (I am annoyed with myself as it was good cut)

Overall we had a great last night in Nice, we would eat here again.

Reviewed February 24, 2018

This place was really good. We booked for the next night halfway through the entree. Good wine too..

Octopussynice, Propriétaire at L'Octopussy, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2018

We thank you for this nice comment and we are delighted to know that our hotel was up to your expectations.
Thank
Best regards

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

We popped In here on Saturday night and were most entertained by the staff especially when the lights went out and they carried on regardless. The food was pretty good and the portions are huge.
Very good value for money.