“Authentic and Organic!”
Review of Le Four a Bois

Le Four a Bois
Ranked #18 of 29 Bakeries in Nice
Description: An artisanal bakery which cooks its bread in a wood fired oven - the last for bread in the Vieux Nice! Over 40 types of bread including sourdough, organic and specials, all of which are available every day. Bread is cooked several times a day, ensuring that there is always fresh, hot bread recently baked, even in the evenings. With numerous types of bread, and traditions Nicoise fare, the Four a Bois is open with a warm welcome all day from 7 in the morning until 7 at night. Come and discover a unique bakery! We hope to see you soon.
Reviewed 17 April 2016 via mobile

The service in this bakery was as authentic and great as their products. They also helped us translate into English;-).

We loved watching them put the baguettes into the stone oven and that they were still warm when we bought them.

The best part was that they had organic options though! Try the chestnut baguette!

1  Thank Romantivtravelgirl

Reviewed 30 January 2016

This is a must for anyone visiting Nice: bang in the centre of the historic Old Town, the bread and pastries are superb (I used to live in Nice, so know all the best places) and the English-speaking owners are extremely friendly and accommodating. I pay them a visit every time I'm in Nice.

I've read the negative reviews on this thread, and since they're all in French, and totally the opposite of my experience, I can only assume they're the work of local competition, as Le Four au Bois is very well-known for its quality, and is often written about in the local press. (And sometimes Nice isn't very er, nice at all. Which is partly why I left).

Reviewed 3 November 2015

This isn't a restaurant, it's a patisserie, but there doesn't appear to be a category for food shops in TripAdvisor! The Blea is excellent - make sure that you have plenty of tissues because it's very sticky, flaky and luscious and covered in powdered sugar. The proprietors are extremely friendly (one is English) and the premises are quaint and full of character. They have the only remaining original wood burning bread oven in Nice, which they told me that people come in just to look at! The range of products is extensive. Not easy to find though. It's right next to a lovely church, locally known as the Gesu, so I found it while wandering around taking photos of the surrounding area.

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

This is a good specialty bakery in Vieux Nice. It isn't easy to find - so it better be good! They also speak American! Wish we could have tried more. Next time, we'll bring an extra stomach. Those desserts looked amazing.

Reviewed 18 June 2015 via mobile

Everything we are here tasted so fresh.

I can honestly say it was the best quiche I've ever had in my life.

We loved it so much we bought loads to take home and enjoy over the next couple of days

Warm fresh bread, the smell lingers in the air teasing your nose.

Array of cakes and pastries try and tempt you.

Lovely staff, very happy to help.

Will definitely be back. I can't stop thinking about that beautiful quiche !

1  Thank SarahCorell