All reviewsbuffet stylestaff were fantasticswimming poollovely hotelhotel is locatedspacubiclesunshinefurniturecannescarbusinessreceptionistofficetoiletsophiagrasse
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the Golden Tulip in September as we were attending a friends wedding nearby.

The hotel was lovely, modern and clean. The room that we had was spacious and comfortable as were the beds.

We went to use the spa as but didn’t realise we had to pay extra. Every spa hotel I’ve ever stayed at give you complimentary spa access with treatments being an extra cost. This was very disappointing and as we could only use it for a short while we were not willing to pay the extra €20 each.

Staff were fantastic and room service was good.

Lovely hotel but doesn’t get a 5 due to the spa being an extra cost. I would however stay here again if in the area.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Golden Tulip So... S, Gérant at Golden Tulip Sophia Antipolis Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2017

Thank you for your feeback at Golden Tulip Sophia Antipolis

We are glad to read that you enjoy our rooms.

The spa is 50% discount per 1.30 in order to favour the wellness of our customer.

We hope to see you again.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

This hotel was used to be one of the favorites. But I am so disappointed in them, that I will advice my relatives and friends not to use their service anymore. I left my wallet in my room and checked out. 30 minutes after I call and they deny the fact that it is there, when I clearly remember where I left it. So disappointing to know the fact that you are not safe over there. Now I have to go through hustle of calling to all my credit and debit cards to solve the problem and not even mentioning that I had lots of cash in my wallet.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Golden Tulip So... S, Gérant at Golden Tulip Sophia Antipolis Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Dear customer

Thank you for your taking time to tell us aabout your stay at the Golden Tulip Sophia Antipolis .
I'am very sorry for your unfortunate adventure which has happened to you.
Our rooms are eqquiped with safe in order to preserve your most precious goods;
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2017

I went for a week mainly for business. My stay was pleasant and comfortable. Your reception team is doing an amazing job, especially Ariana, who showed full attention to detail and excellent customer service skills.

I was glad that the hotel had a pool and a gym to do some exercise. However, the only down was the restaurant. There were few things that were not great, for example:

- The brunch did not include drinks apart from the "one" glass of sparkling wine.
- They tried to charge us a full menu for a 1yr old baby, because I was sharing with her a few bites! (that I thought ridiculous) OK, in the end, was taken out of the bill but it didn't stop the bad after taste :(
- The buffet was the same all week! it never changed so, by the third day I couldn't bear to eat there anymore. I advise talking to the Chef to come up with a rotation menu. Can't be that hard?
- Some of the fruit was stale by mid-week (watermelon) and despite I told the waiter, he tried to justify with "it is usually fine" ???
- Most of the food had the same flavor as it seems to have the same garlic sauce/seasoning.

- The rooms were cleaned with high standards. However, the coffee and water in mini fridge were never refilled :(

Hopefully, the restaurant will improve as I think the hotel is nice, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Stay on the first floor as it is the ground level. Downsize wifi reception is rather poor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Golden Tulip So... S, Gérant at Golden Tulip Sophia Antipolis Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Thank you very much for you positif feedback at Golden Tulip Sophia Antipolis

I will share your nice compliments with my staff.

We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

Situated about 25 min drive from Nice airport, the hotel is away from the hussle of the main city. The hotel is modern, clean and inviting. Check in process was easy and getting around the hotel is simple.

It's best to have a car if you're staying at this hotel as most locations (Valbonne, Mougins, Cannes, Grasse) are about a 10-20 mins drive away.

The rooms are nice and clean. Bathroom was large with rainfall shower and toilet was separated in its own cubicle. They provided a cot bed for our 2 year old which she seemed to enjoy.

Pool is nice, little chilly once the sun goes down and not a huge amount of sunbeds available.

We didn't eat at the restaurant, only ordered drinks and fries which were decent but a little pricier given it's a hotel.

Other thing to be aware of is booking a taxi. We decided to leave the car back one night so we could all drink in Valbonne. They ordered a taxi for us which ended up being a chauffeured vehicle who charged us €35 for the 10 minute journey. We had to wait 20 mins for it too. Best to avoid and try to Uber it instead or use a metered taxi instead.

Also, we had asked about a late check out prior to booking and was assured it was 2pm. However, on the final day we double checked only to be informed that it would cost an extra €20 per room, which was not disclosed to us at the time of enquiry.

Overall, good for a short break.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Golden Tulip So... S, Gérant at Golden Tulip Sophia Antipolis Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2017

Dear customer

Thank you very much for your feeaback at Golden Tulip Sophia antipolis.
We are glad to read that it was a nice pleasant stay.
Thank you for your comments we will try the best to improve it.
We hope to see you soon

Reviewed August 8, 2017 via mobile

We stayed for six nights at the hotel and it was really amazing. We are a family of four and always look for a spacious family room where we all fit (as the kids are still small for us to stay in separate rooms) and Golden Tulip definitely delivered. We stayed in their junior suite with big terrace and it also came with a kitchenette which was really convenient.

Hotel is located about 30min from Nice and closest beach and we had a car so if we wanted to head into the city it went pretty quick. They have free parking and plenty of space to leave your car. They also have a lovely pool, tennis court and space for the kids to roam around. The interiors are stunning so modern and fresh which you can't find at many hotels in this area.

The rooms are gorgeous and really fresh. The shower is so big and amazing!! Beds comfortable and the sofa bed kids slept on was also super comfy. They also offer free wifi throughout the hotel with hassle free log in.

We dined at the restaurant once and were not overly impressed with their dinner buffet however other guests who had breakfast at the hotel enjoyed it. We opted for restaurants outside the hotel as we wanted to explore the area instead.

The staff is lovely and they speak English really well. My son lost his Nintendo Switch in the hotel and they were really quick to find it and return to us - he was really happy! There is a Nespresso coffee machine in the room as well which is a plus however only four capsules are for free if you want to have more you will be charged 1 euro per capsule.

Definitely a hotel I would recommend and a place we definitely will be back to!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Customer

Thank you very much for your positiv feedback. We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at Golden Tulip Sophia Antipolis. We will comunicate your compliments to our staff.
We hope to see you again.