“Great Central Small Apartment”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Villefranche front restaurants evening
Villefranche alley restaurants
Villefranche front day
Moored boats Villefranche front
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
Janga
Tanunda, Australia
“Great Central Small Apartment ”
Reviewed 4 weeks ago for a stay in July 2018

We stayed here for a week in the lovely old coastal town of Villefranche. The position of the apartment on a square overlooking the sea is fantastic, nothing is too far. Don't worry about being above a cafe as the double glazed windows shut out the noise. The apartment is well appointed, it is very narrow however, fine for 2 but 3 may get a bit tight. Provision of beach towels and a beach umbrella is appreciated. Overall a very enjoyable stay.

26 Jul 2018
Thank you for your kind review. Hopefully you will visit us again one day.
hkwnyc
New York City, New York
“Water view in more ways than one and you're the view too!”
Reviewed May 20, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

The apartment is in the old town and faces the water. There's a restaurant right below the apartment and often I had to shut the drapes so that people wouldn't be looking into my apartment. This detracted from the reason I rented the apartment --which was for the view.
While Wendy, the manager, is very responsive (the only reason I didn't give this a 2 star rating, I found I had to live through 3 days of a flooded, dreary hallway before the water was swept out. Only after contacting Wendy and not the resident manager, did it get fixed. I also found the apartment very cold during the first two weeks of April. Once the weather got warm, it was more comfortable.
I stayed in the apartment for one month to take a course at the Institut de Francais. I would not recommend doing this. It's small and basic amenities like a washing machine would really have been helpful. (The only laundromat in Villefranche sur Mer closed, which meant traveing to Nice to do laundry). Luckily, Wendy provided someone who would wash the sheets and towels and some of my items for 15 euros/ week.
Still, when I saw the apartments other students rented through the school for a similar price, I felt even moreso that I had made a mistake booking on my own.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
21 May 2018
Thank you for your review - I'll take your views into consideration. I can happily say that the problem with the roof that caused the water in the hall due to the weather, has now been fixed.
chessholm...
Hertfordshire
“Ideal situation”
Reviewed May 7, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This was a lovely apartment, all very clean and modern well kitted out with a very comfortable bed and very large fluffy towels! Great situation for shops, restaurants, bus and a level walk to the trains. Wendy was great at answering our pre holiday questions. Villefranche is a great place to stay, we had visited last year on an excursion from a cruise ship and decided we wanted to come back. We were not disappointed, the local community are very friendly and helpful. We recommend this apartment with its stunning views

21 May 2018
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for the review, it's much appreciated.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
people found this review helpful

Leslie G
Middlesex Centre, Canada
“Well equipped and great location!”
Reviewed August 3, 2017 for a stay in August 2017
person found this review helpful

My family and I rented this apartment for 3 nights and couldn't have been happier. We loved the proximity to the water and the vibrant village. The apartment has everything you need and while it's small, it easily accommodates 3 people. We will for sure recommend Wendy's place and hope to return again ourselves!

Deidre S
“Fabulous position”
Reviewed August 1, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Apartment in great position in old town. Right on waterfront. 5 minute walk to beach and restaurants everywhere. Small but fine for a couple. Thoroughly recommend.

14 Aug 2017
Thank you for the 5 Star review, we are pleased you liked it.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 27, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing