“Wonderful find near the Theatre d'Orange”
Review of Le Forum

Le Forum
Ranked #15 of 120 Restaurants in Orange
Price range: US$33 - US$41
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 6, 2018

We found this little restaurant near the theatre by chance. It was almost full while other restaurants nearby were empty. We took this as a good sign and managed to secure the last table. We were not disappointed. it was a set menu of 3 courses for 29 euros and quite frankly, we couldn't understand how they did it for the price. The quality was superb. My husband had the fillet steak and fois gras wrapped in filo (5 euro supplement) and declared it delicious I had lamb and I couldn't fault it. There was a good selection of typically French desserts and they were happy to arrange a plate of cheese instead for my husband who is diabetic.The wine selection was very good. We loved this restaurant so much we went back 2 days later. My husband had the fillet steak again and I opted for the scallops, again excellent. The menu is quite small, maybe 5 mains to choose from but we found on our next visit that it was slightly different, possibly reflecting what is in the market.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

Had a great lunch last week outside. Had the two course meal of lamb and salmon then Creme brûlée. Good house wine, excellent and very tasty food.

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

We found this restaurant by accident. They have an a la carte menu or a set me menu. We went for the 29 Euro menu and it was delicious. As an entree we had foie gras served with chutney and a sweet alcoholic drink. I had a scallop served with a cold soup also delicious. We then had the veal and lamb. The meat melted in your mouth. Desert followed with lemon sorbet and my husband had tarte tartin. Well worth a visit. Service was very good. Atmosphere nice.

Reviewed September 27, 2018

We were led out of the restaurant and up the alley to a gorgeous spot under an old house - it felt like we were actually in the forum! Appetisers of tapenade and smoked salmon arrived. My starter of mi cuit tuna was delicious although I didn't understand the scoop of ice cream with it! The other starter was a delightful gazpacho with scallop. For mains we had daurade with lemon risotto and slow cooked veal - both delicious. Puddings were lovely and the coffee came with a tiny home baked cake each. Highly recommended

Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

We took the menu, which i can strongly recommend, top price-quality-ratio!

Entré was very special (avocado cheese cake with shrimps) and sth. new for me. The salad or quiche (?) my girlfriend took was good too.

Maincourse wasn't special (grilled bass with lemon risotto) but tasted good.

Dessert (mousse au chocolat and apple pie) was very tasty.

The whine of the house was fine.

Would go there again!