“Like eating with the family”

peperoncino di barbara
Ranked #6 of 120 Restaurants in Orange
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: un tres joli restaurant italien sur une petite place avec une fontaine en face du cinema d orange, une vrais cuisine italienne avec produit frais un acceuil chaleureus comme l italie demande,,,, je vous conseille le detour. cordialement
Reviewed October 3, 2015

We found this little Italian comfortable and friendly, a bit like eating with the family, as the owner took your order and then did most of the cooking herself in the kitchen behind you. The food itself was very good, and the prices good value too.

Barbi1966, Gérant at peperoncino di barbara, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2015

Thanks for your comment, it warms my heart and invites me to always work better

Reviewed September 23, 2015

wanted somewhere away from all the mainstreet crowds. found idyllic back street location. Barbara was the perfect host. Barbara help source a taxi back to our hotel on such a busy night (thankyou Vincent) The food was excellent, would definitely visit again when I next visit

Barbi1966, Gérant at peperoncino di barbara, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2015

Thank for your smile.... I hope you comeback for another david gilmor!!!

Reviewed July 29, 2015

This lovely little restaurant has become my favorite place for lunch whenever I am holidaying in Orange.
Barbara is a bubbly Italian Lady, always in a great welcoming mood. The food is truly italian and very fresh made with love either by Barbara or La Mamma!
Our plates are sent back to the kitchen...very empty!
We appreciate the fact that she changes the menu everyday, depending on what she gets from the market. We are not bored with her menu, even if we lunch there 3 times a week.
The wine list is very simple but pleasant.
There s a lovely little patio right next to a cinema theatre so it s a good spot to lunch if there s a movie we want to see at 2pm.
The coffee is so good that I always have 2...And Barbara remembers that...She brings me another coffee as soon as my first cup is empty. I could drink coffee until I am shaking there.
See you soon Barbara!

Reviewed July 8, 2015 via mobile

All is home made, Barbara the owner is so great. It is on a beautiful place, with a little fountain. Menu for lunch 13€, all is delicious ! Very good address !

2  Thank Hélène D
Reviewed May 4, 2015

Have eaten here 3 times in the last year and the food was excellent

Seems the owner grows most of her own stuff so end up eating fresh

Not always open in low season