All reviews overlooking the harbour vieux port excellent soundproofing classic room your doorstep old harbour double glazing nespresso machine separate shower short break brilliant location including breakfast room number breakfast room lovely room noise from the street hotel is excellent
Reviewed October 9, 2018

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay & use as a base to explore the old city. Located right in the centre of the old harbour - views from hotel is excellent. It’s an old building but nicely done up. Rooms have all the mod cons of a modern set up & also a kettle with instant coffee/tea. Nicely decorated & spacious bathroom (ours with shower only which we prefer) & Locitaine toiletries. Bottled water (sparkling & natural) is supplied daily complimentary. Reception staff are friendly & helpful. We arrived at around 11am & were fortunate to have a room ready to check into. Breakfast is good - nice variety & views from the cafe (on 1st floor) are very nice. The hotel is a stone’s throw from shops, restaurants & some of the major sights. We took the Colorbus (hop on/hop off) to see rest of the city. Overall - had a great time & would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: October 2018
Reviewed September 30, 2018

This hotel is situated right on the waterfront, near to the shops and the old town, The room we were given was large but very dark as the only window opened onto a brick wall. The lights were so subdued so that we had to ask for another lamp. The breakfasts were OK but could be better, The aircon is centrally controlled but still reasonably cold. Free wifi but not the fastest, Helpful and pleasant staff, Would happily come again but hopefully to a lighter room.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 26, 2018

One Friday to Saturday night, in a 4th floor-room which overlooks Le Vieux Port (gorgeous view) and was very quiet at the same time (excellent soundproofing). I enjoyed good interaction with staff although my written request for late check-out had not been dealt with when I checked in. No guest directory in my room, but an invitation to consult the hotel website. Too bad it does not give the information found in a guest directory such as breakfast hours, etc. This is the second time in a row I miss a guest directory in M Gallery hotels, and I wonder whether Accor is trying to save money by removing them. Although refurbished, the hotel’s building has kept some of its old features for best (room furniture) and worst: there is only one elevator for guests, the second being reserved for staff; many rooms obviously open on inside courtyards with no view; etc. Breakfast seems average by M Gallery standards as no menu is available to supplement the buffet. I would have liked items cooked on-demand such as fried eggs. Maybe this lack is a consequence of no restaurant being located inside the property? I had two major disappointments. First my bathroom: no cotton bud, no soap, no individual toiletries but big dispensers hung on the wall (does someone check they are disposed of 12 months after opening as is required by producer?); ridiculously low water pressure in the shower; some old stains (blood?) on one of the bath towel (which I guess the hotel is not responsible for, as washing is most likely outsourced); toilets not separated. Second, the safe in my room was a joke as it is not screwed to anything and can be removed with all the customers’ valuables inside (see picture where I have put the safe out of furniture and placed it on bed!). To sum up, my experience at Grand Hotel Beauvau was average. In the same price category, I prefer the Sofitel, and even the New Hotel of Marseille that I tried just after this stay at Grand Hotel Beauvau.

Room Tip: Spend extra money and indulge yourself with Vieux Port view
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is opposite the Metro station and the old port but its entrance is at the other side. When we checked in the pleasant receptionist mentioned we had been upgraded to a port view for free. I replied that I had paid for this upgrade but she stated that I hadn’t and it was a free upgrade.
The room (208) was very small. No chest of drawers and the only hanging space was a converted chute! But it did have the view of the old port and the double glazing did a great job of keeping the noise out.
I then had a shower and couldn’t find any bath towels, just a hand towel where the bath towel should be. We rang reception and they said they didn’t have any!! I’ve never experienced anything like this in any star hotel. And this is deemed a four star one. I saw the housekeeper the next day and she confirmed there were no bath towels but gave us two hand towels each. When we got back in the evening one of those had disappeared!!
The bill at check out was higher than expected so I queried it. I had been charged for the “free upgrade “!
I would not stop here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple