All reviews old port ferris wheel tien homeless ferries
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Pros: The front desk staff is very helpful and kind. They know about the city and are happy to help you. The breakfast is ten euros and there are a lot of options. It was a very filling, delicious breakfast in my opinion. The location is central to everything. The port is a ten minute walk, there are so many restaurants and shops near by, and its 2 minutes walk away from the metro and tram. It's a beautiful area and I felt safe there traveling by myself. You do have to watch for pick pockets though. The hotel is a good price as well.
Cons: The room wasn't that clean and pretty worn. It needs updating. I had to move rooms because the first room I was in had a lot of hair in the sheets and there wasn't a maid on staff at that time. My towels had stains on them and the sheets as well which grossed me out. The rooms aren't soundproof. I could hear my neighbors' every word and their TV.
Overall, the location was fantastic, but I personally wouldn't stay here again based on the cleanliness.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
JL_De_Bodisko, Directeur général at New Hotel Saint Charles, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2018

We are deeply sorry that your experience was under your expectations. We take note of the problems encountered during your stay in order to improve our services and quality. We hope to see you in best conditions. Kind regards

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Negatives: 3 stars is to much, even 2. Room was dirty. I had a room on 3rd floor. Glases in the window were long time not cleaned. The walls were dirty as well. I felt bad. I have ordered silent clean room. It was noisy all day and night. Towels in bathroom were not changed regulary :(.
Positives: Bed was comfortable and clean and it was one positive point.
Breakfast was tasty and nice service desk.
I will never go there again.

Room Tip: nie polecam/ I not recommend
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback about your stay, we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Newhotel Saint Charles. We take note about your remarks. Best regards

Reviewed May 15, 2018

Stayed here for two nights during a business trip. We felt the warmth from the entrance onward The staff were really courteous. The room was well furnished as expected from the brand, the lobby areas was dazzling and the check in & out were quick.

Staffs were very helpful, restaurant was good and the food was amazing.

Overall a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
JL_De_Bodisko, Directeur général at New Hotel Saint Charles, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Newhotel, thank you for your comment. Best regards

Reviewed May 15, 2018

Spent one night only, as I was working the following day. Its location is 7-10 mins (downhill..) walk from the Central Station, where you arrive to either by train or airport shuttle bus, so no additional hassle or taxis to get there. My room was on the side, looking at a rather non descriptive courtyard but very quiet...as I have asked for. A nice a modern bathroom and good beds. Although breakfast is an additional 10€, it sets for the day...and there is fresh fruit salad (not from tin) as well. Bread & croissant were a little..spongy. They should be not...
The hotel people are amicable and helpful. I felt that it was a good choice and good value for money. Walking to the port takes into town "proper" and you have ample choice of sights, eateries and just milling around lovely boats.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main road could be a bit noisy..
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Nothing to surprise, nothing to disappoint. Could work on the cleaning personnel if they cant notice items left over from previous guests. Would recommend for a central location close to the sights and the train station. Average breakfast. Good potential needs work.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback about your stay, we appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Newhotel St Charles. We take note about your remarks. Best regards