All reviewshomemade yogurthot tubbreakfast was delicioussmall hotelcharming hotelhome away from homelovely roomthe breakfast areagreat amenitiesview of mont blanclate checkminute walkpool tabletrain stationexcellent staywould definitely stay here againsitting area
Reviewed September 14, 2016

I didn't actually stay here. My reservation was for 2 nights. During the reservation process, the hotel was very clear that there was no check-in after 9:30. This was clear so I don't blame the hotel for this. But with as many flight delays there are nowadays, don't book this hotel or any family-run hotel that does not offer late check-ins.

My flight was delayed out of the US which created a ripple effect. Once I landed in London, I called the hotel, letting them know of my delay - my expected arrival was now 10:30 PM. They kindly offered to stay beyond the 9:30 check-in to 10:30. However, after landing in Geneva, my original shuttle company was now closed. I found another shuttle but my arrival would not be until 11:30. I called the hotel and they stated they could not wait an additional hour. Again, i understand; they were upfront with their policy. However, all hotels in Chamonix was booked and I was already on the shuttle to Chamonix. Not a good feeling...thinking I may need to sleep on a park bench. Anyways, I ended up staying about 15 minutes away.

While I want to support family-run businesses, I no longer will. There are way too many flight delays... And I never want to feel that feeling on panic thinking I would be sleeping on a park bench.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed September 13, 2016

Location is within walking distance to the town center. Very nice garden and view outside the auberge. The couple manning the hotel is very friendly and helpful to us

The interior is wooden and cozy. We enjoyed our 1 night stay there.

Room Tip: Book early
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Spent 4 nights at Auberge du Manoir in late August for a climbing trip to Mont Blanc. The outside of the hotel is truly lovely, pleasing to the eye instantly. The grounds are well manicured, abundant with bright, colorful flowers and carved wooden statues of bears and owls. Our room had two balconies with tremendous views of the mountains. The room itself was impeccably clean, spacious and tastefully decorated. Breakfast here is also memorable: satisfying homemade yogurts of countless varieties, cured meats, cheese, warm pastry baskets and an egg cooker. A highlight for me was the warm, crusty pumpkin seed bread served each morning. Each member of the staff was kind, courteous, and helpful in choosing local dining locations and points of interest in Chamonix. The true joy of staying at Auberge du Manoir was that it did not feel like staying at a hotel at all, but rather in the home of a warm and welcoming friend. Will most definitely return here on my next visit to Chamonix!

Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank mm84321
Reviewed August 17, 2016 via mobile

Positives: The property was clean and cheerful. The reception was welcoming. The rooms were very comfortable with everything we could need and the bathrooms were generous in size. We had jet lag upon arriving, so not sure if it was that the beds were amazingly comfortable or if it was that we were so tired but slept like a rock here. The breakfast was incredible in every way. One of the best. Homemade bread, homemade yoghurt, meat- cheese tray, among other things. There were bonus gardens outside for resting that were filled with flowers, creating some very pleasant spaces.
Negative: not in the heart of the action in Chamonix, but this could be a positive, it's just a short walk to the restaurants and shopping. One side of the property faces a well traveled car thoroughfare. But traffic died down at night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2016

We stayed here five years ago and always wanted to return. As before, very warm, welcoming and hospitable. It felt like a home away from home and we were all sad to leave. Liked the breakfast, and also the lounge where we could regroup together at times during the day and evening.

Just for the logistics: free parking, near town centre and Mer de Glace station, about a 15 minute walk to Midi and Brevent telepheriques

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family